Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Earning $ with WOW - advice from you addicts please :)

Not if your smart about it.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:40 PM

Never got me banned. But it did take 50 days to make $125 though.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:28 AM

That's such a bizzare idea. Why would anyone who has heard of online poker and 2+2 try to make $30/hr at WoW?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:58 AM

I'm sayin... If money's the only goal, get clean the hell away from WoW. it's a time sink and nothing more.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:37 AM

I mean.. if blizzard allowed people to sell gold, then you could earn more $ than a person working at McD's.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:48 AM

I quite wow, anyone want to buy a 70 BE rogue? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-07-2007, 12:19 PM

Slightly offtopic, but I didn't want to make a new thread. I have never played WoW, in fact I have never played any PC game aside from a couple of shooters but I think WoW is a game I'd like (mostly into RPG's on consoles, but enjoyed the multiplayer action in MoH:aa).

However, its obviously been out for a while and in a game where you basically have to spend time to level up, and levelling up is probably key, is there any way I can still enjoy it or will I constantly be 'behind' the rest and crushed in battles or whatever?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:05 PM

Arito,

if you don't roll on a player vs player server, you could catch up eventually, probably right as Wrath of the Litch King comes out, which will mean another 10 levels you have to grind out after busting your arse doing the first 70.

Still, try the 10 day demo, and if you like it, and get the hang of a certain class, you could always buy an account for cheap with like a mid level character off certain websites.

Ghand, how much for your rogue?
Old 10-07-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I mean.. if blizzard allowed people to sell gold, then you could earn more $ than a person working at McD's.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, it's still very cheap, and they don't allow it. I assume it'd be even cheaper if they did.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:31 PM

For the sake of not abandoning my own thread and adding some useful info, It seems like there is a pretty decent way to make $ in MMORPGs...

Get in early.

When I did this with star wars galaxies, i didnt even have an ebay account, didnt know about multiboxing, nothing. As a complete newb I probably averaged something like 10-15$/hr.

If i could have done it again as a powerseller on Ebay, and with 5 accounts to work on, I probably could have made as much as 100$+/hr.

The reason it worked with SWG is:
1) I got in really early. Day 2 of release i wandered across this game at best buy and bought it on a whim. I didnt beta or anything.
2) Audience of SWG was primarily middle-aged star wars fans who already had jobs/careers, and didnt have the time to accumulate the game $ that I did.

I doubt there will be a situation as ideal as I had with SWG again, but there will be some similar in the future, and the best way to take advantage of it would be: Getting in beta, learning which class accumulates game currency fastest, setting yourself up with the hardware to play 5+ accounts at once, ebay?(i'm not sure if ebay is the best way to go any more...unless you want counterfeit lacoste shirts or something)

I'll keep my eyes out for the next game. WOW has had its time with me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]