View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

MyironThumb: [ QUOTE ]
But have these players only been found at 1/2 full ring? I dont have a single hand on any of them at 1/2 6max FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

The choice of a bot programmer to play 1/2 full ring is simple, I suspect it's easier to program a succesful set-mining nit bot, as opposed to a strong shorthanded LAG bot.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alobar:[ QUOTE ]
They obviously dont want to get rid of the bots, they just want to appear to care to ease the concerns of the players, but keep right on getting the rake the bots generate.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not necessarily in the short-term interest of a site to remove the bots. 1) Extensive banning would frighten the casual player when the news spreads out. 2) Bots generate lots of rake. 3) A poker site has limited resources so investigating these claims are "wasteful" from the financial and labor point of view.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. Hell if I ran a site I wouldnt care either. Its butts in the seats and it's alot of money in my pocket. And it doesnt matter if I dont fix the problem because people are still going to play anyway. They'll bitch and moan about bots but they keep right on playing. Look at party poker, horrible customer service, keep raising rake, everyone hated them, yet we still kept right on lining up to play. We (the user base) have shown the sites time and time again that they can do whatever they want and we will still keep coming back for more. The bot issue is no different.

So its not like they are worried about long term consequences either, becuase they know there really arent any. All they have to do is appear to care and make it seem like its safe, and thats good enough for the typical player. Hell the typical player(fish) is soo clueless its funny. They play online poker even tho they "know" its 100% rigged, they havent got a clue about the reality of the situation, and they obviously don't care. and as long as they keep playing there so will we. And the sites know this. I bet they sit around and laugh at all our "im withdrawing all my money right now!" comments. Where are we going to go? Just to some other site that has bots, only they do a better job of making it seem like they care.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
FTP deserves a mass boycott IMO. The OP has given them a long time to address this issue, but a satisfactory response is completely lacking.

[/ QUOTE ]

The first step should not be to boycott, it should be to demand an explanation.

I've already PMed FTPDoug. If the next time he logged in his mailbox had 100 PMs from 2p2ers demanding an official explanation, it would send a clear signal.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:54 PM

yeah, table dynamics etc play a lot less of a role in FR
Old 05-09-2007, 12:54 PM

Everyone - also consider that this is JUST at NL100 because that is all trebek was looking at.

Anyone think this guy might have other bots doing the same thing at NL50, NL25 and perhaps even NL200 and NL400?

He doesn't want them to play against each other so he spreads out different bots to different stakes?
Old 05-09-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
MyironThumb: [ QUOTE ]
But have these players only been found at 1/2 full ring? I dont have a single hand on any of them at 1/2 6max FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

The choice of a bot programmer to play 1/2 full ring is simple, I suspect it's easier to program a succesful set-mining nit bot, as opposed to a strong shorthanded LAG bot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also play a lot of 6 max on Full Tilt and don't have any hands on any of these guys. Guess they don't play 6 max. Interesting thread though, hope they get shut down if its true.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:55 PM

3. When there are tons of tables to play it's natural to avoid other regs. Anyone with half a brain does this. If you want me to find some HH's with more than one of these "bots" sitting together I'm sure I could manage to do so.

If you can, please do. That would be a big argument against OP's post.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider this:A group of friends all play similar styles and play in a room together on the same IP address.That would explain why they never sit at the same tables,for fear of callusion flags.Isn't it possible for them to have a winning strategy,and help each other out? If there were bots on Full Tilt,they would remove them,case closed.I've personally seen them chat plenty,and have chatted with them myself.We should all be able to exploit ANY bot,and the fact that they keep winning makes me think that they aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not only are there no spaces after punctuation in your sentances,but there is very little logic,or thought in them either.In fact most of your points are quite laughable.These are more than just similar styles,they are indentical.And these pals in their little room never,ever, never play at the same tables.And they never take a shot at 6 max once in a while for kicks.Consider this:They are bots.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Consider this:A group of friends all play similar styles and play in a room together on the same IP address.That would explain why they never sit at the same tables,for fear of callusion flags.Isn't it possible for them to have a winning strategy,and help each other out? If there were bots on Full Tilt,they would remove them,case closed.I've personally seen them chat plenty,and have chatted with them myself.We should all be able to exploit ANY bot,and the fact that they keep winning makes me think that they aren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, are you the programmer?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, are you the programmer?

[/ QUOTE ]

naw, im sure he regged on this day and made his first post in this thread to argue against it is entirely a coincidence