Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: The official PAYTRU thread

How come every time I go to apply I get:

"Were very sorry!

payTru card ordering is temporarily unavailable.

Please try again later.

Thank you."

Just bad timing or has it been like this for a few days?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Just bad timing or has it been like this for a few days?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been like this.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:59 PM

I forgot my PIN so I went to the FAQ and emailed support@paytrucard.com with the requested information, they emailed me back (from a first-pay.com email address?? ) and asked for the first line of my address. In the email they also put a link to their website as www.paytru.com which doesn't work. I mean in gmail it says it's a reply from the email I sent and just from a different address, and it seems harmless enough but I was just wondering about some of this. I guess this is the email they use for responding, first-pay.com is like a parent company or something, and they just forgot their website domain? Meh I normally wouldn't care but the site just seems so unprofessional and it's dealing with money. Here's the email:

[ QUOTE ]
PAYTRU <paytru@first-pay.com>
to me

show details
9:35 pm (8 minutes ago)

Dear PayTru Customer,

Thank you for contacting PayTru.

We are in receipt of your recent e-mail.

Please be advised that in order to reset your pin, we are kindly requesting that you provide the following detail:

1) The first line of your address

Once you have received the default pin please review the website at www.payTru.com where you can change the default pin and reset it.

We trust that this has clarified the situation for you.

Thank you for your support and do have a nice day!

Clint Nicholas

PayTru Customer Support

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-31-2007, 09:50 AM

I know these things seem to be day by day but I used mine on ft on the 28th. Good Luck
Old 05-31-2007, 10:23 PM

Default PayTRU Sucks!

I emailed PayTRU about where's my card?

"payTru has currently reached the capacity limits for the issurance of new cards and therefore cannot issue any new cards at this time. This affects all card numbers issued since May 1st as well as any card replacements. Check the payTru website in the near future for a card issuance update."

Nice of them to tell me AFTER I received an email when I signed up that said "You will be receiving your physical PayTRU card within 14 business days!" (On May 6th)

There is nothing on their website that mentions anything. You have to ask.

F U payTRU

----------Kitty
Old 06-01-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: PayTRU Sucks!

[ QUOTE ]
I emailed PayTRU about where's my card?

"payTru has currently reached the capacity limits for the issurance of new cards and therefore cannot issue any new cards at this time. This affects all card numbers issued since May 1st as well as any card replacements. Check the payTru website in the near future for a card issuance update."

Nice of them to tell me AFTER I received an email when I signed up that said "You will be receiving your physical PayTRU card within 14 business days!" (On May 6th)

There is nothing on their website that mentions anything. You have to ask.

F U payTRU

----------Kitty

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the exact same email without having enquired about when I would receive my card.

I recently cashed out at PokerStars and was forced to send the first $600 back to payTRU.

My immediate response was to email PokerStars support and ask them if I could transfer my $600 back to them and not be required to send any money back to payTRU on a subsequent cashout.

My next immediate response was to think -- to hell with waiting for a response from PokerStars support. I successfully transferred the $600 back to PokerStars. I will deal with PokerStars the next time I cash out. If payTRU is still not issuing physical cards, surely PokerStars will not require cashouts to go back to payTRU.

Maybe I am overreacting, but my advice would be to get all of your money out of payTRU NOW. Their excuse that they have reached their limit on issuing new cards is pure nonsense. What possible limit could that be? Obviously they contract to a third party to actually produce and mail the cards.

The only explanation I can think of is that they don't have enough cash on hand to cover their deposits and are trying to restrict withdrawals.

Again, my advice. Get all of your money out NOW. Send it to PokerStars or another poker room which accepts payTRU. If you have a physical card, withdraw at an ATM.

I agree with you, Kitty. F U payTRU.

David Solomon
Old 06-01-2007, 12:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Their excuse that they have reached their limit on issuing new cards is pure nonsense. What possible limit could that be? Obviously they contract to a third party to actually produce and mail the cards.

The only explanation I can think of is that they don't have enough cash on hand to cover their deposits and are trying to restrict withdrawals.

Again, my advice. Get all of your money out NOW.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are overreacting, IMO. PayTru was only offered to a certain number of people to begin with. There is a reason for this, and I don't think it has anything to do with what you stated above.

I agree, it's shady. But in the current environment, you have to exercise some patience. PayTru just popped up for us, and is probably flooded with the immediate growth it's experiencing.

I'm not going to argue with anyone who wants to pull out their money (it's probably not a good idea to store any money in any ewallet these days) but I don't think these hiccups deserve mass warnings.

FWIW, I've had no problems with PayTru. Perhaps my opinion will change if I do.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:44 AM

Got this response back from PokerStars support precisely one hour and sixteen minutes after I emailed them --

Hello XXXXXXX,

Thank you for writing.

You may deposit the funds back into your PokerStars account. Once you do
so, you can request for us to block it, so that you are no longer able to
use it again in the future. This would prevent any cashouts from being
sent there.

If there is anything else that we can assist you with, feel free to
contact us again any time.

Regards,

Jessica
PokerStars Support Team

So I guess I will wait until I am ready to cashout, then make a decision. If I have gotten a physical card by then, and no one is reporting ATM problems, then I will probably let the money go back to payTRU again. It IS desirable to be able to get almost instant access to money in my PokerStars account via an ATM withdrawal.

Otherwise, F U payTRU.

David Solomon
Old 06-01-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Got this response back from PokerStars support precisely one hour and sixteen minutes after I emailed them

[/ QUOTE ]

Got the same email.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Jessica
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] PokerStars Support Team
[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] PokerStars

I *DO* understand payTRU is new, and must be experiencing massive growth, but....

1) They stopped issueing cards starting May 1st.
2) I signed up on May 6th.
a) No notice on their site about any problems
b) payTRU's email said my card would be shipped with 14 businesss days
3) After not hearing anything from them and not receiving my card after 17 business days, I emailed them. 1st response was "Sorry...forwarded to the relevant department...as soon as they contact us...you'll be contacted." 2+ hours later I receive the "No cards since May 1st" email.
4) Their is currently no notice on their site about any problems with issuing cards.

If a company wished to handle my money I need to trust them. The above actions do not lead me to trust them. They could have addressed all the above issues with less than an hour's work. Add a statement to the web page and send out a mass email. Very simple, but they either decided not to, or didn't think about their customers.

I miss Neteller.

---------------Meow
Old 06-01-2007, 01:43 AM

My citi card account is locked because "your account may be at risk for unauthorized use." Further, "Note: The situation that resulted in risk to your account is under investigation by law enforcement agencies and we are unable to disclose specific information on this case."

Ruh roh?