Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 10:16 AM

Default Re: 11 million dollar verdict against Fred Phelps

seriously... Fred Phelps website is GODHATESFAGS DOT COM!!! You can't make this stuff up. why do people take them seriously?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:44 AM

When this group was just picketing the funerals of gays and productions of "The Laramie Project", nobody seemed to care.
But picket one funeral of a soldier, and everybody is against them.

While I wish the group would just wither away, the verdict is disturbing.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly the police were there people not too happy about Phelps

[/ QUOTE ]

Down where I live the Klan is still active, and I've known several officers assigned to work the protest when the Klan exercises their 1st Amendment rights to speak on the courthouse steps who've "had miscommunications" or "lost radio contact" during the protests and didn't seem to realize a violent incident was occuring. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, public employees neglecting their duty to protect the rights and safety of citizens is cool. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. It is not the duty of Law Enforcement officials to "protect the safety" of anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Why do they have to "lose radio contact" then?

edited to add: Isn't "to protect and serve" like the motto of police officers?

[/ QUOTE ]

The SCOTUS has ruled the law enforcement has zero obligation to protect. If they can manage to do so, that's just a bonus for you. You're not entitled to it, you can't sue them if they fail to protect you.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:55 AM

It shows the Jury system is flawed.Will be appealed and reversed though the protesters need to be at the whitehouse not at soldiers funerals.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the thousands of pedhophiles in australia is obviously representative for that nation

[/ QUOTE ]

I address this to Bedreviter and the few poster answering his post.

Are you people really equating pedophilia with homosexuality?

I just can't believe that this would still be the case in the US! I know the US is somewhat backward or barbarian (racism, death penalty, condoning torture, etc...), but really!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is really either the dumbest post you've ever made (which is saying a lot) or the most intellectually dishonest.

You were bashing the US based on a tiny number of HOMOPHOBES, not HOMOSEXUALS. He compared this to bashing your country for a small number of pedophiles.

IF you were were just moderately retarded, you would have thought he was equating pedophilia with homophobia (which he wasn't, btw). You have to be a full-on drooling mouth breather to think the comparison was to homosexuals instead of homophobes. Or just a flat-out [censored] [censored] who will twist anything possible to try to smear someone else.

So, which is it?

Whichever it is, I think we should go ahead and use a little midge logic and assume you're representative of the rest of the residents of Australia.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunatly the police were there people not too happy about Phelps

[/ QUOTE ]

Down where I live the Klan is still active, and I've known several officers assigned to work the protest when the Klan exercises their 1st Amendment rights to speak on the courthouse steps who've "had miscommunications" or "lost radio contact" during the protests and didn't seem to realize a violent incident was occuring. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, public employees neglecting their duty to protect the rights and safety of citizens is cool. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. It is not the duty of Law Enforcement officials to "protect the safety" of anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, the govt at no level should be able to restrict guns in any way
Old 11-01-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The morans protesting at his/her funeral are the types of morans that makes me ashamed of my country being an ally of the USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, that tiny group that almost everyone in the US hates certainly make US a bad ally. And the thousands of pedhophiles in australia is obviously representative for that nation, so its a shame that any nation is willing to have relations with Australia.

Scumbags are found everywhere, and if you feel that a tiny group that is hated within the US represents the nation then you are just retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I agree. Sick perverts.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:19 AM

The thing you have to realize about Australians is they have a huge inferiority complex. Know how the little brother who never measures up to his older siblings is resentful and generally an insufferable prick? That's Australia. They basically got the rejects of England and have that chip on their shoulder. For example- when my fiance was in Australia, they went to a Cirque de Soeil-like show. The program called out Americans specifically to insult them. "Americans need to remember they aren't the only country in the world and we have great things too." Well, the show was horrible, so I guess I can understand why no one knew of this.

The only thing useful to ever come out of Australia that I can think of is Cochlear implants and Russell Crowe (you don't get credit for Joe Hachem). So Midge has a huge inferiority complex with his other fellow decedents of convicts by trying to bring the US down to his crappy country's level. It's fairly common. In fact, I don't think I can think of any quality Aussie posters on this site (although maybe the quality ones are smart enough to hide their location).
Old 11-01-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When this group was just picketing the funerals of gays and productions of "The Laramie Project", nobody seemed to care.
But picket one funeral of a soldier, and everybody is against them.

While I wish the group would just wither away, the verdict is disturbing.

[/ QUOTE ]
They got some decent publicity for the the laramie stuff, so they started protesting random gays and it is picked up a little more. These people are like a well oiled machine and it's sickening.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is teaching hate, racism, and homophobia to vulnerable children.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with you DblBarrrel, and it reminds me of some of the pictures, newsreels, etc... I just hate to see it happen in the US. I do really hope that the US will be able to shake its current ideological trend. And I do know that the majority of US citizens are against the current administration ideological drive. I just hope it is not too late, from the outside,it often seems like a disintegrating society! Again, I truly hope I am mistaken.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the administration has tried to curb this.

Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act

Also, here is Fred Phelps website:

www.godhatesfags.com

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! They have songs! EL oh EL