Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2007, 05:15 AM

Default Re: Just got paid.

[ QUOTE ]

I remain convinced that the person who sent out the HH file from AP sent out exactly the same file that they would normally send out.

[/ QUOTE ]

In your estimation, why is AP offering a $500 settlement to all individuals who were subjected to improper disclosure on account of the infamous cheating ".XLS" becoming public record?

By all accounts, based on your assertions and AP's actions, AP ought to pay $500 to every individual who's IP address and email account was disclosed in HHs beyond the one that unequivocally proved someone was cheating.

Are you in possession of tournament hand histories that include IP and email addresses other than the so-called "unremarkable" tournament in September of 2006?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:21 AM

I'm still trying to determine who I think is lower on the scum scale. AP for lying, cheating and covering up what they did? Or the players who know they lied, cheated and covered up and still continue to play there?

I'm going with the players, since they have a choice after the fact.

Whatever you guys decide to do, live with the consequences afterwards and don't come back moaning and groaning when you get burned the second time.

But please, don't have the nerve to tell me they are going to be more honest, more secure, and more transparent after this, just don't go there.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:23 AM

All Things considerd, playing on AB or UB right now and you are afish and always have been. You'd have to be real stupid or a straight up scum who shouldn't live. I'm no genius but are peoplees serious? You stil play there?

If this is going on online poker is DEAD.

Ski felled
Old 10-27-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In your estimation, why is AP offering a $500 settlement to all individuals who were subjected to improper disclosure on account of the infamous cheating ".XLS" becoming public record?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because it is public. It is easy to identify the people affected.

[ QUOTE ]
By all accounts, based on your assertions and AP's actions, AP ought to pay $500 to every individual who's IP address and email account was disclosed in HHs beyond the one that unequivocally proved someone was cheating.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's up to AP.

[ QUOTE ]
Are you in possession of tournament hand histories that include IP and email addresses other than the so-called "unremarkable" tournament in September of 2006?

[/ QUOTE ]
No - I have just the one .xls file with the email address and IP stuff.

However, 100% of the .xls files I know of - the one I have a copy of, and the one sent to CrazyMarco - have this information.

While, of course, this is a small sample, it would be truly freaky if they've randomly selected just these two tournaments to include this information in.

I can imagine it is possible to just have the CrazyMarco file have this data - insider trying to let the cat out of the bag in a bizarre way - but to also have randomly picked some crappy low stakes tournament from over a year ago, which we happen to have a copy of, is absurd.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:53 AM

Right. Those files with IP and, especially, email data have tremendous value.

"Public" is neither here nor there. The moment that data is released outside of AP's "trust" (LMAO) it becomes "public".

My understanding was AP offered a $500 settlement to every player in the "CrazyMarco" tournament b/c their IP and email address was released into the public domain.

You revealed that AP has also released other hand histories containing information similar to that which was released in the "CrazyMarco" tournament.

So, I will ask again, in your OPINION why has AP elected to offer a $500 settlement to the individuals compromised in the "Marco" release but not those individuals compromised in the "unremarkable" tournament that occurred in September of 2006?
Old 10-27-2007, 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like Seif is trying to use me to wag the dog. Pretty sad.

So let me get this straight...

Mark becomes the highly visible spokesman of a shady poker site, they get themselves into hot water, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark is the only one in poker who can't clearly see cheating in the POTRIPPER tournament re-enactment, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark parroted the AP "official statements" of clear lies on his blog, rather than using that important space to call them out for their deceptions, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark offers to show the full hand histories of a questionable heads-up session, never produces them, and I am the one who needs to be sued?

Mark, you are making a public spectacle of this whole thing. You might think that a frivolous lawsuit against me is the only way to clear your name. Instead, you will just drag all the details out in the public eye. If that's what you want to do, go for it. I can easily explain all of my actions. Can you?

[/ QUOTE ]

m,

Your move. Raw Vegas?

Thanks,

Edit: ZMOG. Watched it 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.rawvegas.tv/watch.php?vID...2629bfdc684f60

[/ QUOTE ]mr seif looks very uncumfortable in that interveiw, like school boy owning up to being naughty. his body language ect makes him look pretty bad. i also wonder what poker stars and full tilt have to say after he mentioned them. im sure they wont be best best pleased when they watch that.im sure mark seif has a lot more to do with AP than people think, other wise he prob would distance himself or leave entirley.his proported million dollar loss at the tables must quite a bit less than he gets off Ap. He may laeve AP after the "3rd party" audit findings who knows. somehow i find this unlikely tho.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-27-2007, 06:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
However, 100% of the .xls files I know of - the one I have a copy of, and the one sent to CrazyMarco - have this information.

While, of course, this is a small sample, it would be truly freaky if they've randomly selected just these two tournaments to include this information in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. A good question now is whether anyone reading this has ever requested and received a hand history from AP in some form other than an .xls file. If we can't find anyone at all who has received something like a normal, plain text HH from AP, then AP needs to answer this question: Why did you fire the employee who sent the Potripper .xls out?

Furthermore, that employee needs to explain his own remarks on P5 where he claims that he did it by mistake. AP's position is that sending out raw .xls files is not their normal policy. The fired employee supports that. And yet, the only two HH's we have available to us are in that form.

Something is not adding up.

I think now would be a good time for anybody reading this who has ever requested and received a hand history from AP to speak up.
Old 10-27-2007, 06:35 AM

Seif has suffered enough regardless of what happens from here on out. AP has already destroyed his marketability in the poker world.

If Seif feels the need to sue anyone, he should be suing the company he works for. They are the ones who damaged him the most.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:09 AM

Wonder how the Coffee is in Panama City
Old 10-27-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Right. Those files with IP and, especially, email data have tremendous value.

"Public" is neither here nor there. The moment that data is released outside of AP's "trust" (LMAO) it becomes "public".

My understanding was AP offered a $500 settlement to every player in the "CrazyMarco" tournament b/c their IP and email address was released into the public domain.

You revealed that AP has also released other hand histories containing information similar to that which was released in the "CrazyMarco" tournament.

So, I will ask again, in your OPINION why has AP elected to offer a $500 settlement to the individuals compromised in the "Marco" release but not those individuals compromised in the "unremarkable" tournament that occurred in September of 2006?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. I meant to make the point before that anyone, at anytime, who has had their personal information released in the HHs by AP should receive reimbursement.
If the Potripper HH is regarded as more sensitive or public, then those affected should receive a greater reimbursement; especially since in this case, everyone who played at Potripper's table has had their cards easily viewed by thousands of people on youtube/pxf, without any of the player's consent.