Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 07:40 PM

Default Re: Status Ray Zee\'s Limit Hold\'em Book?

how did we get from " In addition, we now have the manuscript for our long awaited next book, World-Class High-Stakes and Shorthanded Limit Hold 'em by Ray Zee and David Fromm. We expect to be releasing it in either late September or early october"

to

"but this book is now indefinitely delayed."

the inquiring minds want to know , why , how come, and what does this mean for two plus two aka can you can release an differnt book, is there an opening.
that statement about it being delayed means to me that it will not be coming out at all in publisher talk right?
I can only imagine that the book was delayed for the manuscript didnt work out, and enough time and energy was spennt on it so it would be too exhausting to further do so..
Old 08-19-2007, 10:12 PM

this sucks
Old 08-19-2007, 10:27 PM

weird.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can only imagine that the book was delayed for the manuscript didnt work out, and enough time and energy was spennt on it so it would be too exhausting to further do so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi MASTERHOLMES:

Your quote is a pretty good summary of what has happened, and everyone involved is very disappointed. That's all I have to say at this time.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 08-19-2007, 11:13 PM

Wow, awful news. I was really, really looking forward to this one more than any other 2+2 title ever. I guess now we just have to hope that D&B actually manage to release their shorthanded book. Whether or not that will ever happen is anyones guess.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:24 PM

Do we need more limit books? I don't see it. HU you're meant to work out for yourself.
Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, awful news. I was really, really looking forward to this one more than any other 2+2 title ever. I guess now we just have to hope that D&B actually manage to release their shorthanded book. Whether or not that will ever happen is anyones guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I was afraid of this which is why I posted this. I guess all projects can't be a success. Thanks for all your good work Mason... and back to reading Stox I go ...
Old 08-20-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, awful news. I was really, really looking forward to this one more than any other 2+2 title ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, arg. First krishan's book falls through and now this. Stox's Tough Hold 'em Games surveys a wide array of solid winning concepts, but I certainly hope it's not the last word on shorthanded limit.

Mason's comments hint that this manuscript would need major reconstruction to be publishable. Based on Fromm's DVD lessons alone, I can't fathom that the hours he put into World Class bore no fruit. He should take the best 100-150pp. of the manuscript and bounce it off StellarWind, Entity, milesdyson, and other 6-max gurus. Even if the end result read like a Pynchon novel with the pages out of order, I'd shell out cash for it.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on Fromm's DVD lessons alone, I can't fathom that the hours he put into World Class bore no fruit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if this is at all likely, but if 2+2 passes, maybe another publisher would be willing to give it a shot.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:56 PM

looks like this book will not be done, very unfortunate.