Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit

Old 10-01-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Oktober der Niedrige Zufriedene Faden(Oct. LC Thread)

Octoberfest and Halloween are the only things i really associate with October(except football, of course).

so here's this month's low content thread. feel free to post whatever here. this is the only place you won't get banned, deleted, etc. for almost anything(within website policy of course).

good luck.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:08 PM

Default Re: Oktober der Niedrige Zufriedene Faden(Oct. LC Thread)

first order of business. do we want a FTP and/or Stars Regulars thread? i don't really care, but i also don't want the forum to reach the point where we have more of these types of posts(LC, Results, Regs, etc.) than strategy posts. we are above all things a strat forum. we could even eliminate the LC if desired. i'm a puppet for you guys so let me know what you think is best and we'll decide.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do we want a FTP and/or Stars Regulars thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

what would be in these threads?

-McGee
Old 10-01-2007, 03:33 PM

Keep the low content thread. I don't really think we need the other threads, but I don't understand what the point of them is. Unless they are just site specific low content threads.
Old 10-01-2007, 03:35 PM

not enough posters in ssl play online regularly imo to make a stars/ftp regs thread worthwhile.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not enough posters in ssl play online regularly imo to make a stars/ftp regs thread worthwhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Kit.

And I will take this opportunity to cuss out the Arizona Cardinals and their incredible ability to return re-punts for touchdowns and intercept 4 yard slants in the end zones. Christ that sucked.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with Kit.

And I will take this opportunity to cuss out the Arizona Cardinals and their incredible ability to return re-punts for touchdowns and intercept 4 yard slants in the end zones. Christ that sucked.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh, that did suck. i get the NFL sunday ticket so i can watch all of the steelers games.

the cardinals played with a grudge. after all, they had two guys spurned by the steelers in their search for the new head coach. russ grimm and ken whisenhunt had an axe to grind with the steelers organization and it was a sentiment echoed by the players as well.

if you are on the road in the NFL and you don't put a team away early, watch out.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:37 PM

Also, fumbling repeatedly in the backfield to turn 2nd and 8s into 3rd and 18s is not typically a winning strategy in football at any level.

I don't have Sunday ticket, but make a weekly pilgrimage to a bar that does.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:41 PM

Last night at Oceans 11 waiting for a 4/8 seat to open up in the main room. I was in the tourney-lower limit room sitting at a low buy in NLHE table passing the time and they had the SD game on. They have one giant tv screen and several smaller flat screens on various walls. The giant screen somehow is about 7-8 seconds time delayed behind the smaller flat screens. There is some play happening almost the whole room is watching some guy score and yelling. Forward to 8 seconds later and one lone large man at our table stands up watching the giant screen and starts yelling "Go baby Go!!!!!!!! Go baby go!!" Hilarious. Everyone is staring at him & chuckling. He didn't catch on at all.

Good times

PS. OF note, he had about 6 chips left total in his stack and opted to just call a $4 bet on the turn.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Last night at Oceans 11 waiting for a 4/8 seat to open up in the main room. I was in the tourney-lower limit room sitting at a low buy in NLHE table passing the time and they had the SD game on. They have one giant tv screen and several smaller flat screens on various walls. The giant screen somehow is about 7-8 seconds time delayed behind the smaller flat screens. There is some play happening almost the whole room is watching some guy score and yelling. Forward to 8 seconds later and one lone large man at our table stands up watching the giant screen and starts yelling "Go baby Go!!!!!!!! Go baby go!!" Hilarious. Everyone is staring at him & chuckling. He didn't catch on at all.

Good times

[/ QUOTE ]
That is too funny. Hey James and all you Stealers fans, be glad you're not a Bolts fan! Talk about wasted potential. Nobody out here was excited when Norv came to town, but nobody thought he could get a team with this much talent off to a 1-3 start! Fortunately, as a transplant from NE I don't have to suffer with all my So-Cal brethren. Go Pats!