Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 PM

Default Re: Another Turn Raise for Your Dissection

[ QUOTE ]
blackasthma,

my point was betting sucks. we bet, CO raises and we lose the fish. we check, CO bets, fish calls, we c/r is definitely my standard play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If c/r flop is your "standard" play, then why didn't you make it???
Old 08-08-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
blackasthma,

my point was betting sucks. we bet, CO raises and we lose the fish. we check, CO bets, fish calls, we c/r is definitely my standard play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If c/r flop is your "standard" play, then why didn't you make it???

[/ QUOTE ]

because then i couldn't post this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

if this was that standard i wouldn't post it. it's a different line that still stands to be +EV. the play is immediately profitable and adds value to alot of good but not great holdings later on. why? if this didn't win the pot on the turn and it went to showdown, you will likely be called down more liberally the rest of the night. you can valuebet away the rest of the night because you will get called by a wider range of hands more often.

this is especially true when alot of online opponents these days are wannabe TAGs that try to "notice" things. if you adjust properly you can exploit their adjustments.

true this needs to be balanced with made hands as well so you can 3bet when the aggressive opponents try to put pressure on you. but the thing is, this play can't be used very often if it's going to maintain it's effectiveness. balancing won't take too large a commitment in terms of a change in overall strategy.

adding a play like this also has the benefit of getting more free cards when OOP since your opponents will fear a checkraise is coming. if you want a bet to go in, you can put it in yourself. being able to control the betting when OOP is a powerful weapon.

thanks for the thoughts. any more input is appreciated.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

true this needs to be balanced with made hands as well so you can 3bet when the aggressive opponents try to put pressure on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is important because when I looked at this hand my first thought was that a good TAG doesn't have a made hand here a lot of the time.