Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: UTG (25/13) limps and you from the button make it $9 to go. Folded to the UTG limper who reraises
55 9 50.00%
AQo 1 5.56%
AJs 1 5.56%
JTs 4 22.22%
76s 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Karaoke

I sing and I'm good at it too [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I can sing anything from Elvis to Daughtry. Musically inclinded individuals appreciate live bands or singing, so when we (or at least me) see someone hack it up on stage, I like to go up there and show them up because it makes my donger feel bigger when they cheer for me at the end. holla.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:46 PM

I sing. I am not good and I cannot dance at all. But if you want a classic that will get everyone going. Go watch the Fresh Prince and watch Carlton do his dance to the Tom Jones song "It's not unusual" Sing the song then at the end when Tom is hitting all the Woooo's you do the dance. I swear people love it and I get it requested often now just to see the dance at the end. Now I will say the first time was the funniest because I did the song on a dare and the dance was just improved but it's a blast.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:54 PM

I don't understand the fun in subjecting myself to an evening of listening to others singly badly.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM

Tuq,

Heat of the Moment by Asia is the perfect karaoke song.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 PM

Tuq,

Karaoke is for you and your friends to be drunk and laugh and have a good time. In my experience, most of the places I've been are low-key with a younger crowd, so I think that is why I kept thinking, "man why is Tuq so baffled with karaoke?"

I mean, yeah some people try for real and I'm sure old people or whatever come in and act all serious about it but whatever. I mean singing is fun, some people just like to sing. I go for the cheesiest songs or fun songs and just try to entertain the hell out of everyone.

Eternal Flame is amazing karaoke.
Hey Ya is good too.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet Caroline is a great song to sing

SWEEET CAROLINE <DAH DAH DAH> GOOD TIMES NEVER FELT SO GOOD <SOOOO GOOD SOOO GOOD SOOO GOOD>~

[/ QUOTE ]

TSC - eff you and anybody else who ruins this Diamond classic with this additional garbage.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 PM

I love karaoke nights. But I already sing and dance in public without the aid of acceptable social structures such as karaoke nights, dance floors, or alcohol.

My favorite karaoke story comes from MTT night out at the Imperial Palace this summer. Some bar there has karaoke nights regularly, so a bunch of us went and got smashed and sang horribly botched versions of the classics. My favorite moment, though, was watching a middle-aged (I'd guess late 40s) Asian dude in a kinda beat-up suit get up onstage and belt out "Tangled Up In Blue" like it was the only thing in the world that mattered. When it was through he walked off the stage and directly out the back of the bar, never to be seen again.

I admire that man greatly.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:37 PM

At some point I'll post some pictures of me doing karaoke in the theatre district of Boston a couple weeks ago. One of my signature moves is to fill up musical interludes with PUSHUPS. And people love it.