Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-26-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Advanced Seat Taking

When I sit down at a poker table, the first thing I do is size up the other animals I'm gonna be battling. I see an old man flickin his chips, I take him out. I see a young kid toss his headphones on, I take him out. I see some clown from tv, I take him out. It doesnt matter which seat I take, they are all going down. The most important seat you can take, is the one at a different table than me, and thats all there is to it junior.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You want him on your immediate left

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't see this being correct.
I would want him on my right so I can repop him w/ my better hands and I am always acting after him.
Old 12-26-2006, 02:40 PM

but it IS correct. You want to play in front of him so that you can sandbag the rest of the field. particularly in PL where he will build a pot for you. if you act right after him, you will shut off all your action with your monsters. playing in front of him, you check to him, he bets (which gets a lot of calls because his bets get no respect) and then you blast away with your monsters.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:11 PM

I really dont think alot of you guys understand how powerful the check/raise is in PL. It is by far the most powerful weapon you have in the game,

SIT TO HIS IMMEDIATE RIGHT (it's like the button in a PL game.)
Old 12-26-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but it IS correct. You want to play in front of him so that you can sandbag the rest of the field. particularly in PL where he will build a pot for you. if you act right after him, you will shut off all your action with your monsters. playing in front of him, you check to him, he bets (which gets a lot of calls because his bets get no respect) and then you blast away with your monsters.

[/ QUOTE ]

interesting point,but i would have thought it'd be foolish to prioritise getting things right for when you have monsters,since far more often you won't have great hands,merely good ones if even that...

i mean this is live so you're getting around 30 hands per hour,how often are you going to get a monster worth trapping with preflop?

surely against a maniac you're far better off with position on him,picking off his bluffs with marginal hands that would be impossible to play out of position?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:36 PM

seat 10 for the win. sandbag everything. its pot limit. this couldnt be better situation for you. holla
Old 12-27-2006, 12:48 AM

The position you want is game dependant. In a tight game with this one madman, you want to be on his left, in this game, you want to be on his right.

I had just re-read the OP so ignore my first post.
Old 12-27-2006, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
in the middle imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Good question... I would want him on my immediate left so I always act after the guy. I mean think about getting AA... he makes it 2bb pf ... you limp, 3 more callers, he bets pot, you rr pot, what more could you ask for?? I mean unles the guy stinks or somthen im sitten on his left every time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: 15k? What a douche...

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored], I ment ME sit on HIS LEFT, so that he acts first.... my bad lol
Old 12-27-2006, 04:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really dont think alot of you guys understand how powerful the check/raise is in PL. It is by far the most powerful weapon you have in the game,

SIT TO HIS IMMEDIATE RIGHT (it's like the button in a PL game.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually no I didn't know that .... and I have to admit I play NL not PL :/ Nice little tip though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]