Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Tournament Hand

This is from the 2+2 tournament. We are down to nine players on two tables. Three get paid. Both players were unknown to me before this tournament but don't appear to be incompetent.

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High-Low - Level VIII (300/600), Ante 50, Bring-In 100 (converter)

Seat 1: 3,172
Seat 2: 3,914
Seat 4: 8,866
Hero: 5,048

3rd Street - (0.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 2: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (3.67 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.83 BB)

Seat 1: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (5.83 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (7.83 BB)

Seat 4: xx xx 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx....
Hero: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets
Old 12-03-2006, 11:21 PM

Default Re: Tournament Hand

That was a very strange hand so I'm glad you posted it.

Seat 4 probably put you on a a busted low, but I think raising here is a bit thin esp how tight he was playing. What hand do you put him on once he calls?

You fold 4th if Seat 1 bets out, right?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:26 PM

I raised fifth because I thought that there was an excellent chance that he was bluffing and I wanted the other guy out if at all possible. I was a little surpised when he called, but when I made trips I cared a lot less about what he had.

I'm not calling a bet on fourth.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:30 PM

I think you played it fine, definitely bet the river if thats what you were asking
Old 12-03-2006, 11:34 PM

Well, T93 isn't a hand that I usually play against a couple of tightish players with low cards showing.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:54 PM

Yeah, I think third is a fold, but I like the rest, especially the raise on 5th.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:42 AM

Well, the spiking was expert. I'd give up on third. I'd also give up on fifth since the pot is small and my hand may be best but is very vulnerable and has little room to improve.

Once he calls you on fifth and sixth I don't see what he can have except two low diamonds, so I don't like the river bet. He almost certainly has no pair and a huge draw, and you have to call a raise.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, T93 isn't a hand that I usually play against a couple of tightish players with low cards showing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know its usually a fold, you know its a fold usually, I just figured you wanted to suck out on someone [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 03:19 AM

That is why I play in these things.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:06 PM

theres nothing wrong w/ playing a marginal hand with a big expectation if you catch well.

not to mention your image at the table is strong, obviously, because of who you are.