Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 09-26-2006, 03:34 PM

Default Official Low-Content Thread

Anything goes, except personal attacks. Enjoy!

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Official Low-Content Thread

So, this is like a safety netted BBV [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2006, 06:02 PM

Confession: When on the button and playing shorthanded against a bunch of calling stations, I cover my cards and raise blind.

Tuco.
Old 09-26-2006, 08:59 PM

Anyways, off-topic, any reputable posters want
to trade $$ on WPEX for Stars $$? Ive been wanting
to try WPEX for awhile. I ship 1st, and have done
a successful transfer with yellowdoyle before.
Ill offer +5% bonus.
PM me if interested.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:16 PM

[censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] low content [censored] [censored] [censored].

grandgnu [censored] ankle biting [censored] [censored] wintermute kick phil's [censored] ass. so [censored] take [censored] that you [censored] [censored].

and [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored] whenever the motherfuck [censored] [censored] [censored] this and that [censored] [censored] [censored] A2 suited.

[censored] degenerate [censored] [censored] gambling [censored] omaha is my [censored] bitch [censored] hold'em two card [censored] idiots and their [censored] aggressive stupid [censored] play.

and [censored] you, too.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:49 PM

And so ends the official low-content thread experiment.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:42 AM

[censored] [censored] [censored] stupid mother [censored] drawing to
backdoor everything [censored] [censored]
gutshot gutshot [censored] river flush [censored] 2pr
beats middle set [censored] [censored] [censored] 34QQ on a2q
board is no good when the river comes 4 and
the naked 35 scoops [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]

I had big downswing days. Move up and win
it back doesn't work. I knew as soon as I
started this evening when AA lost to AK
and then the bigstack takes down my big stack
in the PLO tourney, allin preflop KKTT vs 468T
when the flop comes 55686 hahahah riverstars [censored] you

so goes my attempt at acquiesing to your desire to
allow BBV in the o8 forum.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyways, off-topic, any reputable posters want
to trade $$ on WPEX for Stars $$? Ive been wanting
to try WPEX for awhile. I ship 1st, and have done
a successful transfer with yellowdoyle before.
Ill offer +5% bonus.
PM me if interested.

[/ QUOTE ]

WPEX doesn't take neteller?
Old 09-29-2006, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And so ends the official low-content thread experiment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Philly night out trip report...in the true spirit of OOT

Yesterday at four, a friend calls and says there's a birthday party and people are meeting around 7:00pm before. Can I go? Sure, where? I dunno I'll get back to you. Friend calls me at 6:00pm and says to meet him in the up with him in the bar at Sofitel.

Show up at 7:15pm, and he's there with a two girls, one of whom lives in my building but with whom I have never spoke (but is only okay looking, but definitely not my type). The other girl is her sister, and she, on the other hand is hot. Waitress comes over, she's a cute short red-head and takes our order. She is also hot. They don't have my beer so, I order a pinor noir because that's what my friend ordered and I couldn't think of another beer. The girls order a bottle of champagne, and had obviously already been drinking. The think I should tell you now, is as soon as I see the girl that lives in my building, I know I am in for a pretty crazy night cause this girl lives a Paris Hilton type life. I also find out that its her birthday.

Then they ask how I know my friend, and I say we were cell-mates in prison. The girls proceed to rip on me for the next half hour making gay prison sex/rape jokes. That's cool, I can take the jokes and the girls are actually pretty cool. Two more glasses of wine for me and another bottle of champagne for the girls. During this time, the cute red-headed waitress has begun to seriously flirt with me, which I like.

Then it's time to go to the party. My friend Judd says he has to wait for another friend and that we'll come to the party as soon as this third friend arrives. Girls say okay, and stick my friend with the bill, which is over $200 due to the two bottles of champagne. BOOM HEADSHOT!!

Turns out the girls' brother flew in from CA as a surprise for the birthday girl, and is staying at the Sofitel. After the girls leave we go up to his room, and drink all the beer out of the mini-fridge under his TV and talk about the best sites to pirate [censored] off the internet and what Jim Morrison meant when he said "cancel my subscription to the resurrection, send my credentials to the house of detention." I thought this was a really cool conversation. We also begin to plan a trip to Amsterdamn for New Years, because they are looking to do something and I mention that another friend of mine was planning on heading over there.

After the beer is gone, we head over to the party. I am only slightly drunk at this point. The party is at a place called Twenty Manning (assumably because its on 20th & Manning Streets). It's a pretty popular spot for Philadelphia's young wanna-be crowd, and while it's not my normal hang out place, I do like the place from having gone there a ton of times during graduate school.

I immediately head to the bar and order a three beers. The waitress says its $15 and I give her a $5 dollar tip so she'll come to us sooner the rest of the night. The tip also gets her to start flirting with me, which I like as well because she's a smoking hot blond.

Then it's time to mingle with the crowd, and its mostly guys at this point. We ask the birthday girl where the hot chicks are, and she says theres some new opening at a department store and most of her friends are going to be there until nine. However, there is a hot desi chick smiling at me, which I like.

Anyways, for the first two or three beers I feel out of place, as most of the people seem to be trying to act like big shots. The conversations I heard were all like this...

What do you do? Oh I'm a lawyer with XYZ, LLP...I'm a senior vice president...Is that a gucci...did you see the new louis vuitton bag...I just have to get a condo at the new ARIA, they're going to have doggy day care....blah blah blah blah blah

Definitely not my scene. What I am thinking about at this time, in addition to "damn, that's two bars in a row that don't have Hop Devil" is I need to get all the dudes I am seeing in a poker game cause it seems like they all have something to prove, which in my opinion are the best people to have at your table.

More chicks arrive and they are all hot. My friends want to do a shot, and I have to shoot down tequila and whiskey because some bad college experiences with the two. We settle on Kettle One Lemon drops, and I get stuck paying for them because I was too much of a girl to do a real shot. The bar tender whom I gave the big tip to makes the shots and they are HUGE! (Thank god I was a girl about the Tequila and Whiskey b/c I guaranty I would have puked with shots this large...they are not in shot glasses but regular on the rocks glasses and they are 1/3 full with str8 vodka with a dash of lemon juice.) We knock them back, and even though Kettle One is the smoothest vodka on earth, the sheer size of the shot causes me grief. No worries, it stays down and now I am 100% percent certain I'm drunk.

I go outside to smoke a cigarrette and end up sitting beside a pretty decent looking brunette and her accountant looking boyfriend. They ask me what I do, and since I am sick of the social ladder games, I decide to lie and I tell her I'm a professional poker player. This chick gets really turned on. She is grabbing my hands and thighs right in front of her boyfriend. That was awesome, but it looked like the accountant was getting pissed and wanting to get in a fight so I decided to leave. However, just show him up, I swatted his girl's butt playfully, and she dug that. Then I went back inside and drank more. By this time, my friend had picked up the desi chick, and I ended up talking to a MILF that lives in my building as well.

Around 1:30am, I am so drunk that I decide to go home, and end up 8 playing SnG's, making the money in only 1. Alcohol and poker do not mix!
Old 09-30-2006, 03:37 AM

Default Attn: GrandGnu

from Wintermute:

Somebody needs to make a post for me at 2+2 ( to congratulate GrandGnu on his impeccable timing, quitting his job to play poker full time exactly TWO days before the internet gambling passes in the senate.

OOPS.