Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

Default Re: ***Official 2007-2008 NHL Season Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Carolina finally over the Stanley Cup hangover and laying the wood to most teams...

[/ QUOTE ]

Which surprised me to some extent. I didn't think they would be this well off so far. Oh well, Staal/Cole/Ward are doing wonders for me in fantasy leagues.

Ottawa looks unstoppable as expected, and Minny looks real good too now that Backstrom is the number one (mind you their schedule has been easy).
Old 10-15-2007, 02:38 PM

Location: coaching poker and writing \"Professional No-Limit Hold\'em\" for Two Plus Two Publishing with Matt Flynn and Ed Miller

hey Triumph,

fyi I'm involved in a pretty interesting discussion on the Devils on some dude's blog....

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=2803

-S
Old 10-15-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey Triumph,

fyi I'm involved in a pretty interesting discussion on the Devils on some dude's blog....

http://www.mc79hockey.com/?p=2803

-S

[/ QUOTE ]

there goes my afternoon. ty for the link.

weird, I can't seem to post there.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:11 PM

How can the canucks be ranked 18th on tsn? they had one really bad game against philly

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=548
Old 10-16-2007, 12:49 AM

WTF IS WITH THE INSTIGATOR PENALTY?! They bring in a retarded rule and then use it absolutely randomly.

A few games ago, Torres lays a dirty (surprise, surprise) knee to knee on Mitchell... Doug Murray goes after him and both drop the gloves and fight. Murray gets an instigator penalty.

Next game, Davidson throws a LEGAL hit on a Blackhawk, and a Blackhawk jumps Davidson. They both fight.. no instigator! It was seriously the same exact scenario as the previous game.

Tonight, final minute of play, a few Canucks jump Milan Michalek (who doesn't fight) and Ryane Clowe. One Canuck is choking Clowe from behind while another punches him. Two Canucks are on Michalek. Now this is a perfect candidate for the instigator penalty, since the game is over (4-2, minute left, Sharks on the power play, players jumping Sharks) yet no instigator is called.

Great job inventing a retarded rule and not even using it in the most appropriate way.

Cooke is a [censored], please go get ran over by Thornton some more. At least idiots like Torres will drop the gloves and not hide behind visors.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How can the canucks be ranked 18th on tsn? they had one really bad game against philly

http://www.tsn.ca/fantasy_news/feature/?fid=548

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they blow.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:01 AM

If you havn't already looked at that link (assuming by your post you havn't). Where do you think the sharks would be ranked?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you havn't already looked at that link (assuming by your post you havn't). Where do you think the sharks would be ranked?

[/ QUOTE ]

these rankings are so retarded. tsn is just so, so stupid, and the sad thing is, is that it considers itself the highest authority on hockey in canada
Old 10-16-2007, 01:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you havn't looked already at that link (assuming by your post you havn't). Where do you think the sharks would be ranked?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a silly assumption. Too bad the NHL isn't decided by TSN rankings. Citing Cheechoo being scoreless as the reason to rank a team near the bottom is beyond retarded. We would have at least 1 more point if it wasn't for a 5 posts + a referee that can't move his fat ass.

BTW, NHL finally updated the game summary. Cooke will receive an automatic 10 game suspension for leaving the bench. Two canucks received game misconducts, but the thing that pisses me off most about the NHL is that even if you are roughed up- you receive a penalty. Clowe gets a misconduct for being choked by a pussy and sucker punched.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you havn't looked already at that link (assuming by your post you havn't). Where do you think the sharks would be ranked?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be a silly assumption. Too bad the NHL isn't decided by TSN rankings. Citing Cheechoo being scoreless as the reason to rank a team near the bottom is beyond retarded. We would have at least 1 more point if it wasn't for a 5 posts + a referee that can't move his fat ass.

BTW, NHL finally updated the game summary. Cooke will receive an automatic 10 game suspension for leaving the bench. Two canucks received game misconducts, but the thing that pisses me off most about the NHL is that even if you are roughed up- you receive a penalty. Clowe gets a misconduct for being choked by a pussy and sucker punched.

[/ QUOTE ]
My point was that the rankings suck and are disgraceful

I can't comment on what happened as I havn't seen it yet. I stopped watching the game after the Thornton goal, so missed all the drama