Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Deliberately Mucking Another Hand

I would talk to your floor and absolutely give the player a serious warning. Let him know that a muck must be made in the general direction of a muck pile. If he continues to repeat his mucking action I would have him suspended from play in your room for a 24 hours, then a week and then just bann. Someone who defies the integrity of the game or the right for other player to play the cards they are dealt should not be on a game at all.
Just an opinion of course
Old 09-29-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I related this story to an aquaintance, who tells me that he often mucks the hands of people who hold up the game. He sees no problem with it, and figures the players deserve it for not protecting their cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok. Then after he does this to me, I'll wander to the restroom, then come back and coldcock him square in the face with a brick. After all, I figure he deserves it for not protecting his face.

You should find better acquaintances to spend time with. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2007, 09:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yay, thanks for the backup. To be clear, the other person I spoke with is a player, not a dealer.

It's nice to know there's support for dealers taking a hard line. I've often commented to my supervisors that if we were allowed to deal a person out of a hand because of bad behavior (requiring the floor to come over and explain why, backing the dealer), we'd have the room under much better control and practically eliminate dealer abuse. Sadly, they do not share my view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job. Bay 101 has a lot of very passive asian dealers that do absolutely nothing to control the game. They do have some some excellent floor however. There was one player that flung his cards at the dealer a couple times and uttered some vietnamese epithets. Floor told the dealer to deal that guy out for the rest of her down.
Old 09-29-2007, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Floor told the dealer to deal that guy out for the rest of her down.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good floor wouldn't allow the player to continue to sit there and escalate the situation. If the decision is the player gets a time out for the rest of the down, it should be away from the table.