Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2007, 08:30 PM

Default 50nl - Is this nit trying to induce a push?

I don't have the HH on hand, so I'll convert it as best as possible.

CO is a nit running around 12/9 over a few hundred hands. He does attempt to steal the blinds reasonably often but I've never actually seen him call a 3bet (possible I've missed it). Button is beyond retarded running about 64/28 and making a lot of weird moves preflop. My image isn't great because of course it's one of those sessions where all my money goes to the donk, who then distributes it to the rest of the table.

6 handed:

CO: $50
Button $20
Hero (SB): $50

Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Co open raises to $2, Button calls, Hero raises to $10, CO calls, Button pushes for $10 more, Hero??
Old 07-23-2007, 08:37 PM

Default Re: 50nl - Is this nit trying to induce a push?

No, nits generally would repush with anything that's better than you here. You have to isolate the shorty and get it in here.

Once in a great while they might play AA like this, but not often enough for it to bother me.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:43 PM

Here's my thought, and I'm not being results oriented because I actually don't remember the results [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I just remember making a mental note becuse I thought it was interesting. Button is going to push quite often here, CO most likely knows this. So, assume I'm a nit with AA in the CO, and action after the 3bet is after me. I can push, and likely get called by the shortstack, at which point the TAG in the SB will fold most hands. Or I could call, let button push and the SB push behind him to isolate the shorty, call, yell "ship it bitches" at my monitor and put my cool sunglasses on (at least that's how I picture nits).

I just don't think there's a whole lot he calls the 3bet with here, especially with a likely push behind him.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:45 PM

I don't see what else you can do but push. I don't buy AA/KK from either of them either, so I'm happy to do it.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:03 AM

That's a pretty weird play if he is. I highly doubt it. I bet he just has a real hand like AK/AQ, maybe even AJ and he might think you're squeezing.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:05 AM

Yeah, the more I think about it I would really like that play a lot if that's what he's doing. It's really tough to suspect it though.