Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 06-27-2007, 05:05 AM

Default Re: FYI about the fire Jack Effel thread

I am looking at this differently than Dynasty. Dynasty is looking at privacy expected as a user. I am looking at it as she is spamming for Effel. I have never had a beef with they guy, but when he was in Tunica he just struck me as a guy that didn't know much about poker. I probably shouldn't have hinted at who she was, but I didn't really think it was a secret (or a big deal becasue the only time she shows up is to shill for Effel).
Old 06-27-2007, 11:46 AM

I agree with Dynasty that as mods we shouldn't be revealing private info from user's profiles. As such, I've edited out the following from this thread:

[ QUOTE ]
I have looked and know who this poster is (or claims to be in the email that is registered to 2+2). I am not going to reveal who it is, but it explains the undying support from someone that clearly isn't knowledgable about the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think its going to look very good for your significant other when you come clean, his bosses might not like you making such inflammatory statements here on his behalf.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't have edited TT's comment if it hadn't come after RR said he'd checked the e-mail address prior to TT's post.

FWIW, the Princess also got a PM warning for circumventing the profanity filter in that thread.

Edit: Also, the fact that she's shilling for Effel won't go unnoticed by anyone reading the thread.

RR, I didn't edit when she posted your name, etc. because I checked your profile and your name is there for everyone to see, so I considered it public information. If you prefer it be edited out, just let me know.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have edited TT's comment if it hadn't come after RR said he'd checked the e-mail address prior to TT's

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading the edit I'm cool with it, my point is not changed at all. Nothing wrong with her coming here to talk about the WSOP as a customer or as an observer, but its plainly clear that she is involved - can you imagine how pissed off Harrah's corporate would be if they knew she just became their mouthpiece?

On a slightly related note Linda Greene just resigned from the Bellagio. Her Table Tango blog has been around for years, but recently she got a lot of flack for discussing how two players in the big game acted (tips were/were not involved). Although she claims it was her choice the timing is uncanny - she resigned two days after the whole blowup and announced it in the blog two weeks later. There is a lot of buzz in the games that she was asked to resign (I actually hope this is not true, but its possible), of course we will never know for sure and it doesn't really matter that much but thats a good example of employees making "freedom of speech" statements that can come back to bite you in the ass.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a slightly related note Linda Greene just resigned from the Bellagio.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think her name is Linda Geenan or something like that. Given what she had written in past in there I really doubt it was from that. I know she was getting up there to the age where dealers quit dealing.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think her name is Linda Geenan or something like that. Given what she had written in past in there I really doubt it was from that. I know she was getting up there to the age where dealers quit dealing.

[/ QUOTE ]

RR - it never hit the fan for her before like it did this time though, its very reasonable to assume that Doug might have asked her to take down the blog because its becoming problematic and she opted to resign instead. Or he might have said we have a problem - we can do x, y or z because we need to cover our ass and she chose resigning. I agree I don't think she was fired... but the timing is uncanny and it does appear to be semi-encouraged.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RR - it never hit the fan for her before like it did this time though, its very reasonable to assume that Doug might have asked her to take down the blog because its becoming problematic and she opted to resign instead. Or he might have said we have a problem - we can do x, y or z because we need to cover our ass and she chose resigning. I agree I don't think she was fired... but the timing is uncanny and it does appear to be semi-encouraged.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can believe that he asked her to remove it and she chose resignation instead.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:48 PM

I don't read the crappy poker forums, but Elisha Effel openly posts under that screen name on another forum (someone just pointed me there). I have no interest in discussing anything with her, but something about her really rubs me the wrong way.
http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poke...hp/t69850.html
Old 06-27-2007, 03:00 PM

Seems she has some anger management issues. Almost every sentence ends in !!! (yelling). A very aggressive way of addressing posts and people. Sort of like Joy in the Chan debacle a while back.

I got her first post via mail due to being subscribed to the thread for a short period of time. The first post she made was riddled with spelling errors and very juvenile grammar, so perhaps she has a learning disability or something, but she comes across as being angry and too defensive, as well as unprofessional for the situation she is in.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2007, 04:56 PM

I just received a PM from princess asking how RR has access to her e-mail because it's private information. She claims it's not fair that others can stay anonymous here, but not her and that someone has breached the privacy notice for 2p2.

Unless I hear differently, this is my intended reply.

RR is a moderator for 2p2 and mods have access to user profiles, which includes your e-mail. If you read the thread again I have since deleted all references to this information.

The privacy notice was not breached as your e-mail address was never revealed.

She's fishing to see if she can get RR in trouble obviously.
If I have to mess with issues in this thread again today, I'll be tempted to hit the delete key.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:00 PM

mods,

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=110525589

HAHAHAHAHA