Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

[ QUOTE ]
Does bashing with different weapons cause different amounts of damage?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not 100% sure, but I'm pretty sure that this is the case. It looks like weapons w/ swords on the butts do more damage w/ melee.

[ QUOTE ]
How much damage does a bash do typically?

[/ QUOTE ]

W/ shields it will take the shields all the way down. W/out shields it will kill them. If you melee at the same time the person w/ more health/shields wins.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I've seen some people block sword swipes when they dont also have a sword, how the hell do you do that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a glitch, but you have to bash the same time the sword guy swipes.

[ QUOTE ]
When using maulers, it seems like i cant shoot as well with them, like i can't move as fast while aiming, am i just imagining this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you are.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:42 PM

I don't know if they changed it from Halo 2, but the brute shot and rocket launcher did more damage when you melee'ed with them then other weapons. You could jump and melee someone in the head with either and it would kill them.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:45 PM

dingdongsong69 on live... add it!
Old 10-30-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the shotgun [censored] people up hard when in close. Its basically the only one shot kill gun outside of a snip head shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

The brute shotgun-pistol thing is pretty brutal too, not quite a one shot kill but it might as well be if your opponent is close enough to melee you after a shot. I hate that thing.

[ QUOTE ]
I think its the same with highground. There isn't really one area to dominate and with the varied environment, you need to be pretty good with a lot of different weapons. This is a good ghost level.

[/ QUOTE ]

It tilts my opponents so hard when I just run around on the ghost the whole level and splatter them/shoot them down to the point that they actually FOLLOW me and try to kill me out of spite, which of course just makes it easier for me.

I'm like the shortstacker of Halo 3. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if they changed it from Halo 2, but the brute shot and rocket launcher did more damage when you melee'ed with them then other weapons. You could jump and melee someone in the head with either and it would kill them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they do, but no more one hit kills from melees unless it's behind the head. Also, damage to the body from a melee does the same as hitting them in the head. I do think the melees from the bigger guns do slightly more damage, but you still need to hit them twice w/ every weapon if they have any shields.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't think its a great idea to control the sword room on The Pit. Its pretty easy to grenade in there and/or throw the power drain. Add rockets and shotguns and its pretty easy to clean that area out.

IMO on the Pit you must utlize a killing squad. Work and move together and you will wreck people. A good sniper helps as well.

I think its the same with highground. There isn't really one area to dominate and with the varied environment, you need to be pretty good with a lot of different weapons. This is a good sticky level.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I've never ever stayed in the sword room, it's an easy way to get [censored] up. I am usually the person on my team with a sniper, and the rest of my team goes around together killing guys.

I don't understand why people emphasize your whole team camping one area. I'm pretty high up in the rankings, and a pretty good player, and it seems to be a losing strategy except on certain maps. Construct, maybe snowbound, and staying on the concrete thing on isolation is good.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually don't think its a great idea to control the sword room on The Pit. Its pretty easy to grenade in there and/or throw the power drain. Add rockets and shotguns and its pretty easy to clean that area out.

IMO on the Pit you must utlize a killing squad. Work and move together and you will wreck people. A good sniper helps as well.

I think its the same with highground. There isn't really one area to dominate and with the varied environment, you need to be pretty good with a lot of different weapons. This is a good sticky level.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I've never ever stayed in the sword room, it's an easy way to get [censored] up. I am usually the person on my team with a sniper, and the rest of my team goes around together killing guys.

I don't understand why people emphasize your whole team camping one area. I'm pretty high up in the rankings, and a pretty good player, and it seems to be a losing strategy except on certain maps. Construct, maybe snowbound, and staying on the concrete thing on isolation is good.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing w/ controlling the sword area (camping?) is that you can usually get at least 2 kills for every death and it's one of the few place on the map w/ good cover.

Obviously if you work as a team and can get your whole team to work together you don't need to control areas to win, but about 3/4 of the time I'm put in w/ people that play like they do in LW so trying to control an area works a little better.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing w/ controlling the sword area (camping?) is that you can usually get at least 2 kills for every death and it's one of the few place on the map w/ good cover.

Obviously if you work as a team and can get your whole team to work together you don't need to control areas to win, but about 3/4 of the time I'm put in w/ people that play like they do in LW so trying to control an area works a little better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Youre exactly right. Especially at the scrub level I play at, its much easier to get 4 people to stick together in one spot rather than roam around and work well together to assault a different point.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:20 PM

Here is something that I use that has helped:

Tips and Tricks
Old 10-30-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Guardian
--------

This map is small, but controlling the power weapons is key. Your team needs to get the shotgun and gravity hammer. The yellow room seems easiest to control if you have both of these, but every area is pretty easy to infiltrate if you're a good team. If the opposing team is camping in that room grab the sniper and get some easy kills into the yellow room. Don't stay for too long though because the guy you killed more than likely knows how he died.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sniper tower is way better control spot, IMO.