Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 12:40 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, if you like to drink and have fun, DO NOT go to Norway/Sweden. Pretty hard to buy booze, and the prices are sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol, nit

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah if you like nature, Norway or Sweden would be better choices.

There is quiet some forest around here, but nothing compared to N/S and only one small mountain.
Uhm, nice answer

Norway and Sweden <<<<<<<<<< Denmark

[/ QUOTE ]

Meeh. Denmark is flat an has no forests, the nature here is pretty dull. I like mountains and stuff so I can imagine that Norway and Sweden are more fun than Denmark in that sense. But yeah, systembolaget sucks donkey balls!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-14-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever gone into the forest and sat completely silently for an hour or more?

I find it really interesting

[/ QUOTE ]

lol this is such a strange thing for a young man to say (even though I can kinda see where you're coming from).
Old 11-14-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever gone into the forest and sat completely silently for an hour or more?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I love doing it. Maybe not just sit for an hour but walk around, explore and take pictures with your camera. One of the greatest experiences I ever had was going for a walk near those huge rocks of meteora in Greece alone.
(not my pic)
Old 11-14-2007, 01:19 PM

Wow that looks awesome rata.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Virtually impossible for most youth of today. Being still is lost on the IPod/cell phone/XBox instant everything generation imo, imo.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was in grade school and living at home I'd habitually sit on my bed and look out my window for 1hour + at a time, just transfixed. Happened probably once a week or so, my parents called me weird. I loved it.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:40 PM

So it sounds like we are all in agreement, eh Slowroll? Booze costs much monies in Scandinavia, more in Sweden and Norway than Denmark? Good. But, as Wolfram hinted at, if you are deciding where to visit based upon alcohol prices you are an idiot... or oddly enough, a Scandinavian (since it's expensive they've been known to obsess over finding it cheaply elsewhere).

Now, since we got that out of the way, if you were simply going to visit this part of the world as a tourist, the most unique and spectacular area would have to be Norway's coastline. It is truly one of the most beautiful places in the world. Do not miss out on seeing this at some point in your life. Checking out the fljords while whale watching (orcas) is highly recommended.

As for living, all I can really tell you is that I have very much enjoyed my 2 1/2 years here in Sweden, and that while I had mixed feelings about Stockholm at first, I love it now. I have visited the other Nordic capitals a bit, and thus far I like Stockholm the best.

If anyone is considering moving this way for a bit, I know a couple ways to make it easier. Let me know if interested.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, while I do think your taste needs work, it is not hopeless by any means. I've gotten people who've displayed much less potential into much better music

[/ QUOTE ]
This is so wrong. Nobody has better taste than anyone else, that's the essence of taste. If he wants to listen to stuff you don't like, that's up to him isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]
No, taste isn't subjective. That's why some art is classic and has stood the test of time for hundreds of years, and other art is disposable garbage.

edit: If by "taste is subjective" you mean "I am free to think the Monkees are far superior to the Beatles if I so choose," you are correct. However, as someone of taste, I am free to think you have none for holding this opinion.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:43 PM

Haha, I remember someone making a thread wherein he took a ferry from Finland to Estonia just to buy cheap alcohol and take it back. Apparently a lot of people do this.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
nath,
I mentioned this is some other thread briefly, but when oh when did you come across Lekman? as far as I knew, he was confined within the borders of Sweden, or at least no non-Swede I knew had heard of him. I actually haven't heard his new album yet aside from a couple songs. I don't know why either, because I love his other stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]
Like maybe six weeks ago? I'd been looking for his albums for a while but had always misspelled his name. Finally got Night Falls Over Kortedala and haven't been able to put it down. It's really the rare disc that I've listened to and thought, "That's an album I wish I would have made."

I'm going to see him tonight!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Even though I have to miss Glass Candy to do so [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Closed Thread