Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the game balance?
Heavily favored the Village 3 13.64%
Favored the Village 8 36.36%
Balanced 9 40.91%
Favored the Demons 2 9.09%
Heavily favored the Demons 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM

Default Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I read through 17 of the pages and started going blind, couple of quick questions:

1) Will it come with some sort of tutorial/explanation of the different tools, why they are helpful and important? Or is it mainly designed for the experienced player who already understands it all.

2) Are you collecting the HH for testing? Or is the software coming with a set of HH built in?

[/ QUOTE ]

My impression, after reading this thread, and the HM forums:

1. There will be some kind of tutorial/help included.
I'm pretty sure that there will be a short explanation of why HM is awesome on the official website.

2. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need any more HHs, somewhere RVG wrote that he had tested it with x million hand and that there is a private alpha test (public beta will begin shortly). There are some threads on the official forum, and most of them end with "I have revieved xxx poker site HHs".
Come with a set of HH's built in? Why would anybody want that, you import your own HHs and look at them
Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, I read through 17 of the pages and started going blind, couple of quick questions:

1) Will it come with some sort of tutorial/explanation of the different tools, why they are helpful and important? Or is it mainly designed for the experienced player who already understands it all.

[/ QUOTE ]

A guide is being written.

[ QUOTE ]
2) Are you collecting the HH for testing? Or is the software coming with a set of HH built in?

[/ QUOTE ]

RVG has collected HHs from a number of sites. A full listing is at http://rvgsoftware.com/communityserver/forums/7.aspx

At this stage, I understand that no further sites will be supported at the public beta release but will be supported soon after release.

The software is not distributed with any hand histories - that is against the rules of most sites. It generates a new and blank database upon installation.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 AM

early release anyone?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 PM

It's the 15th in some parts of the world! I say release it now, it would be mean to make them wait the extra hours.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:14 PM

I just hope he didn't mean July 15 2008
Old 07-14-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just hope he didn't mean July 15 2008

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean you thought I was talking about this year? I've spent all of my time so far photoshopping the screens so now I can get down to work for the next 367 days [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The beta will released close to midnight tomorrow PST!

Everyone please remember that this is beta release 1 for a brand new program, not a product launch so expect there to be problems and also realize that certain things will be missing.

That being said, I think most of you will like it and at a minimum see what is now going to be possible [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

rvg
Old 07-14-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The beta will released close to midnight tomorrow PST!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the opposite of what I suggested. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-14-2007, 02:41 PM

i hope the hand import runs in a seperate thread so that it doesn't affect my ability to use the program and that the program can check and import hands as soon as they happen rather than every 1 minute as poker tracker does.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM

its the 15th for me here in australia can you ship me the beta first [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

seriously i can't wait for this it looks so sick, maybe finally i can track the ton of hands i have from pkr.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i hope the hand import runs in a seperate thread so that it doesn't affect my ability to use the program and that the program can check and import hands as soon as they happen rather than every 1 minute as poker tracker does.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does run on a different thread..I'm not sure about the second thing though, is that even possible? I'm not sure of a way where it would be constantly be checking the folders for updates...I am personally ok with the 1 minute wait [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] but he can chime in with more information

The program is shaping up very nicely..I found a couple problems and he has fixed them promptly already, so the support is good, and he has been adding new features like crazy..As he said, the beta will be rough on the edges but you will see the possibilities are endless here with all the filters etc etc.