Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Nutso 2k NL table

My starting table was redic for the 2k NL WSOP event had phil laak who doubled 2nd hand in sucking out vs a made straight vs set played badly but he won whatever. He was the biggest maniac at the table though guy to his right was decked out in Ultimate blackjack tour gear and obv had a lot of gamble in him. Rest of the table has been aggro as [censored] and I've been card dead and just doubled my stack to 5k suckout out vs kush. The previous hand UBT maniac opens to 3x laak calls in LP button shoves for like 25x and BB instashoves his stack in at like 15bbs with AQs no thought whatsover. He sucked out vs buttons AKs. T

his hand that transpired is very next hand. A really bad player opens to 900 at 100/200 (8k)no antee UTG he has made awful PF calls with K9s etc calling 4x EP opens from 20x stacks and playing worse postflop. Guy 2 to his left makes it 2500 (12k) He's been active making goofy calls postflop in spots that me and kush both thought were push or fold cuz obv the other guy was commited. It folds over to the SB from the prev hand hes button now and sticks his 7k stack in there instantly. I have like 6k going into the hand and have QQ.
Old 06-15-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Nutso 2k NL table

I'd probably fold. I'm sure its very close either way and if you do get a few good hands you shouldn't have trouble getting action with them later.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:10 AM

This is probably a fold. The probability that one of them has a better hand is increased a bunch with 3 players making such action preflop. Sure if it was 1 or 2 no problem, but 3, i think thats a fold.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably fold. I'm sure its very close either way and if you do get a few good hands you shouldn't have trouble getting action with them later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also forgot to add our table is breaking in 5-10 hands.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:30 AM

If EP/button are observant players I'm sticking it in here.

UTG has top 12%

EP knows his range is huge and tries to iso with 22+/AJ+. He has been making goofy plays, a fact that will influence the button's action

If Button is observant he knows EPs restealing range is wide and he is getting somewhat short so he is going to take this opportunity in a big pot with 99+/AK

Plus, you said that you were in the tent and uncomfortable so I would imagine that reinforces the fact that button is shoving wide here because he would value his 'tournament life' less than the average WSOP player.

All of their ranges are obviously weighted toward the better hands but I think that enough mid pairs are in their range for you to gamble it up and go for a monster stack.

...And if you're behind you almost have odds to try to hit your set.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:34 AM

I wasn't in the tent.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't in the tent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm just trying to justify my ZOMG Queens I can't fold mentality anyway
Old 06-16-2007, 01:16 AM

Fold.

At 100/200 no ante, you can find a better spot to put all your stack in one hand PF.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:31 AM

dont think folding is a mistake but i call here, chance to get up to a super stack is too much to pass up on, and i fear for my sanity if i fold and dont get shown AA/KK after being carddead on this kind of table
Old 06-16-2007, 03:36 AM

This is so dependent on your reads. Based on the descriptions you've given, I stick it in and gamble.