Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TFG: I think UF will be scary good next year. This year our year. Your year is next year.

2009... that is up in the air. I predict LSU and UF will have the best offenses in CFB that year -- #1 and #2. I'm not sure who will be first, but both will have SICK talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU has sick talent this year. They don't need more of that. What they need is a coach. Lloyd Carr PLEASE DO NOT "retire"!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i post on an LSU forum as well, tigerdroppings.com, and some of the people on there are LOL retarded...they say that once miles leaves, nick saban will come back to LSU and pick up right where he left off...
who, in reality, do you think will replace miles when he (ldo) leaves for Michigan?

Tubberville, maybe?
Old 11-12-2007, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
TFG: I think UF will be scary good next year. This year our year. Your year is next year.

2009... that is up in the air. I predict LSU and UF will have the best offenses in CFB that year -- #1 and #2. I'm not sure who will be first, but both will have SICK talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU has sick talent this year. They don't need more of that. What they need is a coach. Lloyd Carr PLEASE DO NOT "retire"!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

i post on an LSU forum as well, tigerdroppings.com, and some of the people on there are LOL retarded...they say that once miles leaves, nick saban will come back to LSU and pick up right where he left off...
who, in reality, do you think will replace miles when he (ldo) leaves for Michigan?

Tubberville, maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is pelini in discussions? I know that people here in NE are talking about wanting B.P. to come here next year.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Moody, Harvin, Murphy, Cooper, Fayson, Rainey, and their ring leader Tebow with two stud back ups in C. newton and Brantley.

The Gators are going to be so sick offensively next year i can't [censored] wait
Old 11-12-2007, 05:11 PM

Orange and others involved in the "who come after Miles?" discussion: M2TR has pointed out elsewhere that LSU is likely the best coaching gig in all of football. I think he is likely correct. We can get a LOT of top quality head coaches to replace Miles.

I have made a lot of jokes about Les Miles being a very clutch coach -- but all kidding aside (get ready to flame), when you consider all factors, I don't think he is THAT bad overall. He is a pretty bad game manager, but he did an excellent job in salvaging a 2005 season that was decimated by the bitch Katrina, into a success. All in all, we could do worse.

That said, I would be happy with an upgrade. No way we get Saban of course (and yeah, those LSU message board people can be really dumb!). One name that have seen pipe dreaming around is Bill Cower! Ha! Doubtful, but what a beautiful thought. I will file that right after A-Rod coming to the Cardinals in my "never gonna happen but man, I really really wish" file.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tubberville, maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Tubby possibly, though it seems A&M will mortgage the entire university to get him.

I'm sure Paul Williams will be mentioned, since his name comes up for every better-than-average coaching position that opens up.

Jimbo Fisher?
Old 11-12-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Jimbo Fisher?

[/ QUOTE ]
We could do worse.

Here is a weird one, that is risky but potentially huge: Major Applewhite.

EDIT: Way too young. Eh. Not happening.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:24 PM

I'd like for my Vols to hire Brent Venables. Make it happen plz
Old 11-12-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Jimbo Fisher?

[/ QUOTE ]
We could do worse.

Here is a weird one, that is risky but potentially huge: Major Applewhite.

EDIT: Way too young. Eh. Not happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. Applewhite might end up as Head Coach at a mid-major school in the next couple of years, but I don't think any big program is looking to invest just yet.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:25 PM

some interesting info for you Gator fans:

Ron Zook in his 3 years:
16-8 v the SEC

Urban Meyer
17-7 v the SEC

The only NFL starters Ron Zook inherited
[ QUOTE ]

Rex Grossman started some seasons for the Bears at quarterback. Ian Scott started one year for the Bears at defensive tackle. Max Starks started two years for the Steelers at right tackle.

All have since lost their starting jobs.

[/ QUOTE ]
source: Frank Frangie

wonder how many guys Zook left for Meyer will look in their NFL careers and see how the comparison works
Old 11-12-2007, 08:52 PM

Zook did fine in the SEC really, especially against tougher opponents in the SEC but couldn't beat bad teams or FSU/Miami.

What's your point about the Zook players?
Zook doesn't really have any players in the NFL that he coached that are anything special, not that your HBC is the only factor as it is. In fact, see Bobby McCray and Jeremy Mincey are two of the younger Gator talents of Zook who underachieved at Florida and now are excelling in the NFL. I don't think any of his better players are doing much of anything, but like I said it's silly to even contemplate because 1)their careers aren't over and 2)Zook was only there for 3 years)

We can see down the road about the ones that he left for Meyer, but it doesn't really matter. Most of them don't have NFL talent but excelled at the college level like: Baker, Siler, EE under Meyer.

I can see Moss & Thomas excelling in the NFL, but Thomas has always been a headcase/huge talent.