Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 01:16 AM

Default WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe this!

or maybe you will (believe it), given how if the WSOP has a chance to mess something up, it seems that they will do so.

I've been e-mailing back and forth with Harrahs' customer support about the 2007/2008 WSOP website trying to get them to update the WSOP website with details about the 2007/2008 WSOPCE for over a month now.

One such thing is the fact that the drop down tab for the WSOPCE still states it's for the 2006/2007 WSOPCE instead of the 2007/2008 WSOPCE (if you click on it, it will take you however to the 2007/2008 Schedule).

Well, I asked when they (Harrahs) were going to fix that, and was told (by Harrahs customer support) that Bluff Media is responsible for keeping the WSOP website up to date, and that they (Harrahs) have no control over that website.

I then asked what the blinds structures were going to be for the upcoming Ceasars Indiana WSOPC events, as I plan on attending a few of those.

Well, guess what? I get an e-mail today from someone at Bluff Media asking me if I could please send him the blinds structures for the Ceasars Indiana WSOPC Events, because to date, he's gotten nothing, and he needs them in order to update the WSOP website.

FWIW, I responded back to the guy, and provided him with the e-mail addy of the guy I got the blinds structures from for the Tunica WSOPC Event (at least the 500 buck event).

It's so sad that they (Bluff Media) have to come to a customer to ask for the information they should be getting from the WSOP people.

Unreal (shakes head)!

FWIW, they still have not posted either, the blinds structures for the Tunica event, and it's almost over.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:15 AM

Default Re: WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe thi

You seem to love calling Harrah's to inquire about the minutia of their tournaments. Maybe they're hiring.
Old 09-07-2007, 02:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You seem to love calling Harrah's to inquire about the minutia of their tournaments. Maybe they're hiring.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I wasn't calling them, originally I had sent them an e-mail asking when the WSOPCE would be posted, and then after that for the blinds strutures for the WSOPCE in Tunica, and now for Ceasars Indiana.

The point here is, why if they give their website as their main source of information, do they not keep it up to date, and why is Bluff Media contacting me for the Blinds structures, the very person who asked for information in the first place from Harrahs?

Also, I guess you don't care if you pay money to travel and then enter a tourney you know nothing about.

I on the other hand, want to be able to make an informed choice, before I spend money on airfare, hotel, car rental, and so on. I can't do that if I don't have the information needed to make that choice (IE: The blinds structures).
Old 09-07-2007, 02:38 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-07-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Well, guess what? I get an e-mail today from someone at Bluff Media asking me if I could please send him the blinds structures for the Ceasars Indiana WSOPC Events, because to date, he's gotten nothing, and he needs them in order to update the WSOP website.

FWIW, I responded back to the guy, and provided him with the e-mail addy of the guy I got the blinds structures from for the Tunica WSOPC Event (at least the 500 buck event).

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed opportunity here. You could have changed the blind structures for all of us.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
" I get an e-mail today from someone at Bluff Media asking me..."

This has happened to me before as well dealing with various online poker things...the guy at Bluff did not think he was replying to a customer, he thought you were with Harrah's. Probably because nobody in the history of the WSOP has gone to such great lengths to find out the blind structure of a low buy-in prelim tournament 9 months in the future [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eh? It's not 9 months into the future, Ceasars Indiana is next month, in October (the WSOPCE will be at Ceasars Indiana twice this year for the WSOPCE. Once in October, and once in March).

FWIW, I don't really blame the guy from Bluff Media, but who at Harrahs gave him my e-mail addy to get the blinds structure, is what I'm wondering.

I do blame Bluff Media however, for taking months to update the WSOP website for the WSOPCE drop down box being out of date.

I've had friends tell me they thought there was no 2007/2008 WSOPCE season this year simply because of that.

BTW, Low buyin? One person's low buy in, is another's major expenditure. I don't normally drop 500, or 1k bucks or more on tourneys, I'm not that rich.
Old 09-07-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Missed opportunity here. You could have changed the blind structures for all of us.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Meh! I didn't think of that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-07-2007, 01:52 PM

I think you're taking this way too seriously.
First though I'll give my thoughts on the Bluff e-mail and what might have happened.

Harrah's gets e-mail from you with a Q that they think Bluff knows the answer to. They do a reply-all or forward everyone's e-mail of your Q and their response over to Bluff thinking they'll know to respond to you.
Bluff sees your address in there somewhere and thinks you were the person that Harrah's had forwarded it to and that perhaps you were a Harrah's person to contact about trying to find this.

Something like that anyway. Your address got forwarded to Bluff by Harrah's and they mistakenly thought you were affiliated with Harrah's somehow. This stuff happens.

Anyway, Harrah's is lazy and doesn't run their website very well. Similar to many businesses that annoy me actually but I'm not about to pester them until they get their act together. That's me doing their job for them and I'm not interested in doing that.
It's up to them to actually become professionals and fix their stupid mistakes and I do not count on Harrah's to figure out how to do this.

Regarding the blinds-structures: It's likely they either hadn't decided or simply don't know OR they are just using similar structures to what they've used before.
Do these things really change THAT much from one $500 prelim-event to another? I thought that most of the events at the same buy-in across the WSOP-C would be pretty much the same.
$500 event at Tunica should have same structure as the $500 event at Caesar's I'm guessing. If it's different I can't imagine it would be by very much but that is admittedly just a guess.

I do agree that it would be wise on their part to publish the structure ahead of time and don't really blame you for wanting to know. They should realize that it is something their players are interested in.
But I really think you are wasting your energy by trying to push and push until they do it the way you or I think they should.
I really don't think they are listening or care. If anything, you are just an annoyance to them.
They might even make up something and give it to you ahead of time just to get you off their backs...and then when you arrive there find out that the structure is not the same as what they said.
Even if they aren't going to intentionally deceive you like this I have to think that any blind-structure information you might be able to get ahead of time may not actually be what they end up using just because they seem to have enough miscommunication through their ranks.

Also stands to reason that they reserve the right to adjust the structure at the very last minute depending on how many entrants they get or how many dealers they have or how many tables they are able to use for the tourney combined with number of alternates...stuff like that.

When I played the WSOP main-event in 2005 we didn't know what the structure was going to be even the day before the event started partly because they were concerned with there being too many entrants.
We ended up with 100 minute levels instead of the regular 120 minute levels.
They were considering using 11-player tables to start but decided they didn't need to I guess.
Old 09-07-2007, 06:02 PM

Default Re: WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe this!

Cincy, nothing surprises me when it comes to voids in WSOP marketing/communication...maybe I should take invitation from my LV friend to meet WSOP's Gary Thompson & let him know how we feel
Old 09-07-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: WSOPCE and the WSOP website, you guys are NOT going to believe this!

Well, whatever it is that Cincy said, it seems to have worked.
The WSOP website is now updated to where the dropdown tab now says 2007/2008 WSOPCE.