Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Re: WCOOP main event sensation - winner under investigation

[ QUOTE ]
Having read much of the speculation in this and other similar threads, I feel compelled to clarify a couple of points.

1. The account that won the WCOOP main event was played from the same computer and the same IP from the start of the tournament until the finish.
2. No other account played from this same IP or computer, during the tournament.

Having stated the above, there are still serious open questions that require the investigation to continue.

Rest assured that the purpose of this investigation is to ascertain the facts of the case in their entirety. The outcome that is reached will be based on those facts alone and no regard will be paid to speculation or outside pressures.

Stephen W.
Manager, PokerStars Game Security

[/ QUOTE ]Good reply imv.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:47 AM

has anyone verified that it's really a pokerstar's employee?
Old 10-05-2007, 07:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty bad gimmick if its not
Old 10-05-2007, 08:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty bad gimmick if its not

[/ QUOTE ]
He's a PokerStars employee
Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having read much of the speculation in this and other similar threads, I feel compelled to clarify a couple of points.

1. The account that won the WCOOP main event was played from the same computer and the same IP from the start of the tournament until the finish.
2. No other account played from this same IP or computer, during the tournament.

Having stated the above, there are still serious open questions that require the investigation to continue.

Rest assured that the purpose of this investigation is to ascertain the facts of the case in their entirety. The outcome that is reached will be based on those facts alone and no regard will be paid to speculation or outside pressures.

Stephen W.

[/ QUOTE ]Good reply imv.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've really missed the angle...??

what is the suspicious circumstances, please?
Old 10-05-2007, 10:58 AM

didn't read it all but this is what nvg is all about
gogogo
Old 10-05-2007, 11:08 AM

I've heard, from someone I know linked closely to Stars, that it seems that Mark is pretty f'cked at the moment, it looks like he will be getting $0......

Not 100% on the details/evidence why, but I'm sure it will come out and be confirmed in due cause though....
Old 10-05-2007, 11:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard, from someone I know linked closely to Stars, that it seems that Mark is pretty f'cked at the moment, it looks like he will be getting $0......

Not 100% on the details/evidence why, but I'm sure it will come out and be confirmed in due cause though....

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet!
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Stephen W.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for that. Its refreshing to see a poker site talk about this in the open in a public forum.

My apologies for earlier comments.

Have always thought of PS as the best in terms of costumer relations, once again you have met expectations.

If indeed you find that there was cheating would you be willing to turn over your results to local authorities for possible prosecution?
Old 10-05-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then what's the problem??? Originally it was stated that there was a player playing from the same IP address, he busted out and then his sister won. So the accusation is that after he busted out he took over for the sister and finished playing the game, winning.

If they didn't play from the same IP, then why would it even come to being suspicious? Just because it's his sister? I just don't understand why the accusation came out. I'm thinking it's only because it happens to be his sister and thus, RIGGED seems to be the only possible answer to the masses.

Innocent, IMO.

T
Closed Thread