Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 06:16 PM

Default verizon customer service = awful. who\'s better?

title says it all, pretty much. i have yet to walk into a verizon wireless store and experience customer service that can be described as anything other than "awful."

today's trip pretty much ranks #1 on my list and is my main motivation to switch wireless providers. i walk in to upgrade my phone and after waiting for 10 minutes, and speaking to the woman who's helping me for another 5 minutes...im told that there's no one in the store right now who can process my transaction, and that the next sales rep will be in at 5:00. that would be cool except it's only 4:20 at this point in time. i ask her if there's anything i can do. she replies "can't you just wait around for a little bit?." turns out the manager-looking guy who was walking around looking busy actually CAN help me. but he didn't mention this until 4:46. then there was some problem with my account authorization or something so i wasn't even able to get my new phone.

is anyone satisfied with any other company? i am so ready to not give $$$ to Verizon anymore.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: verizon customer service = awful. who\'s better?

I am with telus, there have been a few instances like you describe. I hate them.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:28 PM

You can upgrade your verizon phone without ever going into the store. Online works fine. I agree that their stores are terrible. But their service (cellular service, not customer service) is the best, so what can you do?
Old 03-02-2007, 06:33 PM

internets ftw.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:33 PM

they are all bad. god help you if you ever have to deal with a customer rep, but the experience is still better than the screw customers in the butt cingular, especially when they forced everyone to renew contracts AND buy a new phone during the original at&t conversion. cingular sucks.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:34 PM

This has been around for a long time but is very on subject... verizonmath.com
Old 03-02-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can upgrade your verizon phone without ever going into the store. Online works fine. I agree that their stores are terrible. But their service (cellular service, not customer service) is the best, so what can you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I've never been to a Verizon store and had less than a 20-minute wait to speak to someone. This includes 2 days ago when I bought a new phone. Mornings, evenings, weekday, weekend, it doesn't matter. I just wonder how much potential business they lose due to this issue - I see a few people leave in frustration every time I'm there.

With that said, I can think of at least a dozen times I've had phone service while my friends had no signal.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 PM

rogers in canada is terrible as well

one example:

customer rep: you should get your phone within a week
me: can I get a tracking number?
customer rep: it will be e-mailed to you

*a week and a half passes*

me: um where's my phone
customer rep: if you don't have your transaction ID we cannot help you until Monday (it's Thurs)
me: (gives ID)
customer rep: it's already on its way

*5 minutes pass*

I get an e-mail giving my tracking number for the phone that has been shipped 2 minutes ago
Old 03-02-2007, 06:59 PM

I'm glad I almost never have to call customer service for anything, so I have less things to bitch about.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So tru, I think verizon's customer service by phone is pretty good. Earlier today I talked to a verizon wireless because I needed to change my monthly plan. I was hoping that they would make the adjustments to my plan going back over this past month (billing cycle). To my surprise they went back 2 months saving me an addition $75. My service plan changes added more minutes to my plan and will save me about $20 a month.

Next phone upgrade I make it will be over the internet, I believe they offer free shipping too.