Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: about to colon cleanse - what\'s gonna happen to me?

hmm, this doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I'll post progress once I start.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll post progress once I start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz don't.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'll post progress once I start.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean no pics???
Old 10-17-2007, 02:17 AM

How's the cleanse going scotty? I wish I had seen this thread a little earlier. You can just take a bunch of miralax mixed in about a gallon of gatorade over the course of a day and completely cleanse your colon. 8 days is not required. (this is essentially just like the GoLytely prep for colonoscopies). Trust me, very very little left in your colon after that.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:28 PM

It's going well. Cut food portions over the weekend, now I'm on day 2 of 5 of the liquids only part. You drink organic apple juice w. the toxin absorber 5x/day, then take a digestive stimulant before bed.

The absorber is made of a ton of roots and seeds and stuff that's supposed to break away all the junk from your intestines. The stimulant is like an organic laxative that keeps your bowels moving even though there's no food in there. So you drink the absorber, it makes you feel full while it absorbs all the [censored] in your intestines, then you crap it out via the help of the stimulant. The ingredients of both things are here. You also drink a crap-load of water daily to keep stuff moving too.

If you look at that blessed herbs site, there are pictures of the nasty stuff you crap out. Mine looks like that. It's foul and smells like fish guts. I haven't eaten since Sunday night, but I'm still getting 3-4 dumps/day because of the absorber.

Swingdoc, thanks, I've heard that about colonoscopies. I'm doing it also as sort of a challenge to see how I can handle no solid foods for a week - not just trying for the quick fix.
Old 10-23-2007, 08:48 PM

regardless of the health benefits of fasting, and there may be some, there is not crap stuck in your intestines waiting to be flushed away, just poo that will be gone in a couple days (this is not debatable, it is a fact). likewise, your body regulates "toxins" very closely, and you're not affecting much of anything by taking their herbs, except for making yourself poo a lot, and it being watery and gross.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:07 PM

I'm gonna steal astroglides post from the other thread, this is so correct

"i have no problem with fasting. i think it's cool, and i think it can have all sorts of psychological/introspective benefits. certainly an appreciation for food will come afterward, and perhaps a more "in-tune" relationship with your body in terms of what calories do for you. i would do it for those reasons. but i think all of the "toxin", "poison", and "cleansing" aspects of it are total bs and i don't understand how people buy into it so easily."
Old 10-24-2007, 01:34 AM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

I take a prescription up the pooper every day. I have no idea why anyone would want to do it voluntarily.

Re the toxins: isn't that why you have a liver and two kidneys?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:49 AM

from what I hear, digestion can take up to 50% of your energy (someting like that, big percentage).

by fasting, your body basically can use all it's energy to heal itself or whatever. perhaps do "long term maintainance" that otherwise wouldn't be a priority because of other immediate energy needs taking precedence.

thoughts?
Old 10-24-2007, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
from what I hear, digestion can take up to 50% of your energy (someting like that, big percentage).

by fasting, your body basically can use all it's energy to heal itself or whatever. perhaps do "long term maintainance" that otherwise wouldn't be a priority because of other immediate energy needs taking precedence.

thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. digestion takes up a lot of our energy, but if digestion stopped, we wouldn't suddenly use that 50% energy for "healing ourselves", it would just not be used for anything.

in the other thread, there was a quote that near life tilted me from the Taoist book, saying that if we stop eating, our digestive enzymes are freed up from digesting and can instead be used to break down toxins.... an enzyme does one and only one thing.