Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Karl Rove Steals Elections

I'm irritated. Palast makes a huge statistical error about 4:30 in.

He first says taht the statistics demonstrate that if you are a black voter, your vote is 900% more likely to be miscounted than if you are white. Fine, I don't doubt it.

Then he goes on to mention the New Mexico results in 2004 - that Bush won by 5,900 votes with 30,000 miscounted. He then goes on to say that 88% of the miscounted votes, based on the 900% statistic, came from black voters.

Seriously.

[censored] horrible.

Watching the rest of it now.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm irritated. Palast makes a huge statistical error about 4:30 in.

He first says taht the statistics demonstrate that if you are a black voter, your vote is 900% more likely to be miscounted than if you are white. Fine, I don't doubt it.

Then he goes on to mention the New Mexico results in 2004 - that Bush won by 5,900 votes with 30,000 miscounted. He then goes on to say that 88% of the miscounted votes, based on the 900% statistic, came from black voters.

Seriously.

[censored] horrible.

Watching the rest of it now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hilarious especially in light of the fact that New Mexico has less than 50,000 black residents total (according to 2005 census estimates).
Old 07-31-2007, 12:24 PM

"He first says taht the statistics demonstrate that if you are a black voter, your vote is 900% more likely to be miscounted than if you are white. Fine, I don't doubt it."

Is that what he said? Or did he say if you live in a BLACK MAJORITY PRECINCT, your vote is 600% more liekly to be miscounted?
Old 07-31-2007, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"He first says taht the statistics demonstrate that if you are a black voter, your vote is 900% more likely to be miscounted than if you are white. Fine, I don't doubt it."

Is that what he said? Or did he say if you live in a BLACK MAJORITY PRECINCT, your vote is 600% more liekly to be miscounted?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make the statement even more ridiculous for New Mexico. I wonder if there are any black majority precincts in New Mexico. I'm guessing that there aren't any. If there are they're very few.