Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: # HARDCOVER books you buy a month
0 11 84.62%
1 1 7.69%
2-3 0 0%
4-6 0 0%
6+ 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: Homosexuality and natural selection

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's so we'd enjoy pooping and not hold it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah probably.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I can't figure out is how sexual pleasure derived from being on the receiving end of anal sex evolved. Is there an evolutionary benefit to taking it up the bum (applies to both men and women)? And how could something like that evolve from a simple mutation?

[/ QUOTE ]

For men its just about stimulating the prostate gland, which gives a much more powerful orgasm. You don't anal sex for that, but I guess it is one way. So obv pleasure seeking.

And I as I was browsing through wikipedia to check out my facts (I wisely decided not to use google for this one), I came across cited surveys that tell far from all gay men have anal intercourse. So there.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the resident 2+2 expert on anal sex, there is more to anal sex than the stimulation of the prostate. I love anal sex, but I'm fairly apathetic to prostate stimulation (it is NOT a "male g-spot")

Anal sex shouldn't surprise people that much. Everyone here knows the intense physical pleasure of a good bowel movement. Anal sex pleasure is in many ways like that, although my use of that metaphor is probably not going to help promote sodomy here :P

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and women don't have prostate glands and yet some of them certainly enjoy anal sex as well. There are nerve fibers on the rectal walls.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I can't figure out is how sexual pleasure derived from being on the receiving end of anal sex evolved. Is there an evolutionary benefit to taking it up the bum (applies to both men and women)? And how could something like that evolve from a simple mutation?

[/ QUOTE ]

For men its just about stimulating the prostate gland, which gives a much more powerful orgasm. You don't anal sex for that, but I guess it is one way. So obv pleasure seeking.

[/ QUOTE ]
According to wiki (search "anal orgasm"):
"Anal orgasm has nothing to do with the prostate orgasm, although the two are often confused.[18]"

[ QUOTE ]
And I as I was browsing through wikipedia to check out my facts (I wisely decided not to use google for this one), I came across cited surveys that tell far from all gay men have anal intercourse. So there.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know that! I'm not saying gay men wouldn't exist without anal sex. I also recognize that some people would probably have anal sex even if it wasn't pleasurable for the receiver. It's just something I was curious about that has nothing to do with homosexuality, so I guess I went off topic.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:42 PM

Mkay, one learns something new every day around here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-25-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone here knows the intense physical pleasure of a good bowel movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm, isn't the pleasure there derived from the relief of releasing something OUT of your body?
Old 11-25-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummmm, isn't the pleasure there derived from the relief of releasing something OUT of your body?

[/ QUOTE ]

Which fills the rectal vault and opens the sphincter.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:30 PM

You guys need to spend more time watching TV. It was talked about on The Colbert Report with one of his guests who just recently wrote a book on homosexuality.

So far the evidence is showing that there is a gene that is carried by mothers that is more likely to be activated the older the mother is at the time of conception. That's why statistically gay men are more likely to be the youngest sibling in the family. So yes and no, it is kind of the product of a gene and kind of not.

It actually makes some sense, there is a fair amount of evidence out there that having children later in life for women inevitably raises their child's risk of having a birth defect. Really puts that whole nature vs. nurture thing into perspective.

As for the natural selection thing, it probably won't be bred out of the population. For one, the gene usually is not activated, so it gets passed on successfully with no change in the typical heterosexual phenotype. Secondly, if a woman is having children in her mid 30s, chances are she's already had at least a couple children before that who also have that gene but aren't gay. Third(ly?), even some gay people manage to reproduce before really understanding that they are homosexual. Homosexuality is pretty much here to stay.

The crazy thing about this is that even with new magical In Vitro gene-analyzing technology you can't prevent homosexuality, because the gene will be present regardless if the offspring is homosexual or heterosexual. They would have to figure out if the gene has activated or not, and by that time it would probably be in the later stages of fetal development.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The actual pleasure comes from the friction against the rectal walls or something.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. I wouldn't call it intense pleasure.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Whatever. I wouldn't call it intense pleasure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. And friction on your penis isnt intense pleasure either. Its a reasonable amount of pleasurable friction that, with visual, mental, audio, whatever additional stimulus, leads to orgasm, which IS intensely pleasurable.