Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 07:27 PM

Default Re: What makes you annoying?

So OP is a nit and argues for sport. He interrupts people while talking 3 times louder than acceptable.

Damn, you need to work on this man. I've met people like this and it's hard not to get into a physical altercation with them.

What I do that is annoying is I rarely call people back, and I'm bad about checking my voice messages. Also, when leaving a get-together, I hate small-talk and goodbyes, so I try to just duck out and be on my way. It's no disrespect meant, I just hate small-talk. My boss probably finds me annoying because I won't kiss his ass.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:28 PM

alcohol
Old 11-24-2007, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if* that makes you annoying or not either, but I am very very lame, so at least you're right this time.

*:someone arbitrarily correct this from 'if' to 'whether' pls

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you brought it up, when you use "whether," you don't need to follow with "or not." It's redundant. Either you are or you aren't. So you can just say: "I don't know whether that makes you annoying ..."

See, I can't help myself. The last thing I wanted this to turn into was a grammar conversation, because my grammar is far from perfect as many have pointed out. I get that this habit is annoying and stupid and lame. It's the habit I most want to kick.

For the record, I do it almost exclusively to close friends and family, kind of like a game where I try to catch them in a grammar mistake. But the only one having fun in the game is me, and it took a long time to realize that. It's more of an OCD thing now. It's small and pretentious and demeaning and exposes my inner weakling. I get it.

[ QUOTE ]
So OP is a nit and argues for sport. He interrupts people while talking 3 times louder than acceptable.

Damn, you need to work on this man. I've met people like this and it's hard not to get into a physical altercation with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're an expert in observation. Congratulations. I bet you're good at pointing out drunks at an AA meeting.

[ QUOTE ]
What I do that is annoying is I rarely call people back, and I'm bad about checking my voice messages. Also, when leaving a get-together, I hate small-talk and goodbyes, so I try to just duck out and be on my way. It's no disrespect meant, I just hate small-talk. My boss probably finds me annoying because I won't kiss his ass.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're an inconsiderate friend who can't take five minutes to thank a host or say hello. You can't be bothered with casual conversation, and justify this by calling anyone who can make small talk an ass kisser.

You really need to work on this, man. I have friends like this who wonder why nobody has called them in five years.

See how that works, asshat?

---
I also get defensive when complete strangers point out issues I brought up in the first place.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:50 PM

1. I eat food off my wife's plate before she's done

2. Like another poster, I am horrible at getting back to people, returning emails, etc. Serious flaw for me and I've been working on it and much better now than I used to be.

3. I care much less about birthdays (both my own and other people's) than the average person. Unless the person in question is a young child, i don't make a big thing about them.

4. unless the person behind me is super tall over 6'4", I put my seat back in planes.

5. If someone is telling me a story that I perceive to be boring and long-winded, I do not hide the fact that I want him to wrap it up as soon as possible.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 PM

1. I fart alot

2. My farts are unbelievably rancid.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:30 PM

my current wife
Old 11-25-2007, 12:29 AM

Old 11-25-2007, 12:54 AM

delusions of grandeur and I'm slightly schizophrenic.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

2.) When people are in a conversation where they’re all in general agreement about a subject I don’t really care about, I often take the other side just for the sake of argument. Instead of allowing them to enjoy their personal conversation, I derail it so they are instead arguing with me. I do this for sport, and genuinely respect those who out-argue me. I’m guessing they don’t have the same respect for me, especially those find this habit intimidating (a few) or tiresome (most).

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I do with a large portion of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beat: paragraph of meaningless ramblings could've been replaced by "I like to play devil's advocate."
Old 11-25-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
3. I care much less about birthdays (both my own and other people's) than the average person. Unless the person in question is a young child, i don't make a big thing about them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know your pain. I once forgot my own birthday. This was before I drank, mind you. Woohoo, I made it 365 days without killing myself! Big 'Who Cares?'!

On that note, for holidays and b-days, my presents either really rock and are totally inspired, or.. well.. Let's just say one year for Christmas I bought my dad a shaving cream warmer thinger. (Hot Lather something or rather) Yeah, I got my mom this totally sweet, expensive, amazing coffee machine, better than the one she'd been wanting. But my poor dad, no, his present sucked. I made up for it on his next b-day with something pretty good though.