Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: stephenh
villager 3 75.00%
wolf 0 0%
seer 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Crazy Phil Laak story with Pics

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who do you suppose sells to all those nice middle class white junkies working in the media, on Wall Street, or who gamble for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ you for thinking anyone on Wall Street is a hooked on smack.

Do you have any idea how tough that life is, being a player on The Street ? You have to be seriously pumped every morning, and on your game like a mofo every minute of every day, with complete consistency, or you'll get spat out.

Maybe you were talking about lackies or something ...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, many are hooked on copious amounts of coke instead. Not sure that makes them any better or worse though.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who do you suppose sells to all those nice middle class white junkies working in the media, on Wall Street, or who gamble for a living?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any idea how tough that life is, being a player on The Street ? You have to be seriously pumped every morning, and on your game like a mofo every minute of every day, with complete consistency, or you'll get spat out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, many are hooked on copious amounts of coke instead. Not sure that makes them any better or worse though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blow and junk are two entirely different drugs. However, I think it's a serious urban myth that even a tiny fraction of traders/brokers/bankers/analysts/quants/money-managers on The Street do any sizeable amount of blow. After even just a month or so, your world would start crashing down on you. In that game, people notice small imperfections very quickly, it really is vicious how closely you are observed and judged on a minute-by-minute basis. Maybe it you're running your own $, got your own office, and you're the rare person who can mix drugs and work. But if you're working at a firm ? No way. Not addict level quantity at least.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...hooked on copious amounts of coke...

[/ QUOTE ]
not coke, but def adderall
Old 08-07-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

First you say Wendsday, then you say friday and dont respond to direct questions, now i know your full of [censored], [censored] OFF and stop wasting everyones time. You are a waste of space in this world you low life scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to mellow out, dude.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Blow and junk are two entirely different drugs. However, I think it's a serious urban myth that even a tiny fraction of traders/brokers/bankers/analysts/quants/money-managers on The Street do any sizeable amount of blow. After even just a month or so, your world would start crashing down on you. In that game, people notice small imperfections very quickly, it really is vicious how closely you are observed and judged on a minute-by-minute basis. Maybe it you're running your own $, got your own office, and you're the rare person who can mix drugs and work. But if you're working at a firm ? No way. Not addict level quantity at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spent a month back in the 90s interning mostly on the NYSE floor but also a fair amount of time in the offices of major firms. I saw enough blow to get entire herds of elephants high. And this was across all age groups and spectrums. Twas mainly 30somethigns without the vigour of youth trying to keep up. Perhaps it's changed but it still does happen.

As for diffences between smack and blow, yes, there are different effects but I don't think there should be any moral difference bewteen users of HARD class A drugs.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

First you say Wendsday, then you say friday and dont respond to direct questions, now i know your full of [censored], [censored] OFF and stop wasting everyones time. You are a waste of space in this world you low life scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to mellow out, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i know. I just get so frustrated that someone can level these accusations and dodge the important questions. Tom has not directly provided any evidence that he supposedly has. How hard is it to scan the said affidavits and host the images somewhere. Instead what we get is, wed' it's coming, then friday. Speculating is fine, but i WANT evidence not hot air. I think we all deserve that. Have we found out about matching IP's yet?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, i know. I just get so frustrated that someone can level these accusations and dodge the important questions. Tom has not directly provided any evidence that he supposedly has. How hard is it to scan the said affidavits and host the images somewhere. Instead what we get is, wed' it's coming, then friday. Speculating is fine, but i WANT evidence not hot air. I think we all deserve that. Have we found out about matching IP's yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's email and telephone number are on his website. You're more than free to contact him directly (as I did) if you have questions. I don't think he owes an answer to every single person who posts a question here.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The full story will be online by Friday I am having it written by a journelist so you can not complain about the spelling

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright Tom, look, I'm a nice guy. I also tried to defend you on a few occasions, but it's become more apparent to me that you are entirely full of [censored], and are just as scummy, if not scummier than Phil Laak. Instead of trying to get a whiff of Laaks ass all the time, why not devote your time to caring for your sick wife? Isn't she what is important here? Would her husband informing the poker world he's a piece of [censored] ex-heroin distributing co-conspirator do her any good? It certainly wouldn't help your "legit" business wiping disabled kids asses. So seriously GTFO here w/ your "it'll all be revealed" soon stuff and crawl back to the hole you came from.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please, don't hold back. Tell us what you really think.

The comedy here is that Laak must not have very many fans. No one's jumping to his defense. I kind of always suspected that. Laak's like the friend you can't get rid of because you've known him too long, always acting strange, looking for attention, embarassing you in public. You keep on thinking that if you never contact him that he'll just go away, but he never does. He hangs out everywhere you do and knows everyone you know, and so you keep on putting up with him although you silently wish he'd move to another city/country.

[/ QUOTE ]

i vented my thoughts earlier about the psychological profiles you seem to dish out like ninjastars about people you have never met nor ever spoken to or situations an sich, but now its getting just outright irritating.....could you for [censored] sake give some leverage or value to the blanks in the factual info you have over persons or situations. Being doubtful as a human being is a beautiful humbling experience i can assure you, try it out sometime..

fwiw, i have always liked phil laak very much on television. He seems like a grateful person for the pokerlife he is living and can be quoted more than once for sayings like :"everyday i wake up and feel like the luckiest person alive". I appreciate that. Next to that he seems like a weird guy, and i for one like weird people as their weirdness prevents them to dress their lives up with too much political bullcrap as so many other 'normal' people do.

However, i am NOT jumping to his defense, because I DON'T KNOW [censored] about the situation. So i like to see things unravel before making up my mind, and there are clearly circumstances in the whole thailand story for me to be swayed either way (well make it 62-38 in Laaks favor at the moment) at this point.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy's email and telephone number are on his website. You're more than free to contact him directly (as I did) if you have questions. I don't think he owes an answer to every single person who posts a question here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i think he does. He has put himself out there with outlandish accusations and not produced proof. I will not call him, or email him. HE CHOSE TO POST THIS IN A PUBLIC FORUM. This thread is full of speculation, all i want is the facts and evidence to support his claims so we can all judge both parties FOR OURSELVES. All we seem to be getting is, yeah it's coming, it's coming. You may be happy with that, but i am not.
Old 08-07-2007, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What, are you saying that there's *nobody* working in financial services with a heroin habit?

I think you'll find you're wrong.

See this, for example.