Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Best 2/4 games
Stars 5 31.25%
Party 3 18.75%
Full Tilt 5 31.25%
UB 0 0%
Other 3 18.75%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 02:25 AM

Default I DESERVE RESPECT

Ok, the whole basis of this post is the post I made on 8/23 in this thread

In that I recommended the following stocks.

Stock Current price 8/23 price gain in < 2 months
----- -------------- ---------- ------------------
NTDOY 68.35 57.70 18.45%
GME 56.65 47.45 19.38%
GNK 66.35 54.17 22.48%
VMW 95.09 70.20 35.45%
TTWO 17.98 14.35 25.29%

As a reference, the S&P 500 is up 5.9% over the same time period.

This is just a small sample of how awesome I am. Yet, all that happens is I get ridiculed on these boards. For those who have noticed, I have not posted much advice here lately because of all the ridicule I suffer despite my amazing results. I have agreed to start posting my solid predictions here again but will stop forever if I face the same idiocy that has ridiculed me in the past.

I aplogize for quoting gke in the referenced post, if you search my other posts you will see that was a typo and I really meank GNK. Even if you would have went with my typo of gke you'd still be up money (but i can't take any credit for that).

I dare anyone to find a post I have made that would have resulted in losing money from the time of the post to today. Despite all the criticism, I have never failed to produce results.

This is post is meant to be condescending and challenge your way of thinking. The reason many of you are not rich is because you fail to realize how inefficient the markets are and keep falling into the trap of managed funds that produce mediocre results yet charge high fees. Picking good to great individual stocks is the way to go, and is really not that hard to do, as I have shown time after time again. There are many experienced and great investors posting in this forum, unfortunately their advice frequently gets drowned out by all the "noise" Desertcat is one of the most knowledgable that comes to mind, although I know he will not agree with this entire post. There are several others that I have praised in previous posts as well, but can't name all of them at this time.

Also, Shoeprint #1 was an amazing success. Look for future editions coming soon!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:22 AM

Default Re: I DESERVE RESPECT

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you would have went with my typo of gke you'd still be up money (but i can't take any credit for that).

[/ QUOTE ]

Please post more typos.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you're happy with your results, but less than 2 months does not a great investor make.

Good luck [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 04:05 AM

I shorted amazon on your advice at 77 dollars what do i do now?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

GME 56.65 47.45 19.38%

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you holding Take2 and Gamestop together? When do you plan to sell?
Old 10-09-2007, 09:01 AM

Meh, I have a 50k+ (real) portfolio that I all I do is find a basket (35-40) of the top 200 volatile stocks, and then work the correlations so that I try to get high risk stocks with the lowest volatile portfolio.

It is up 26.0% since 8/16, and I couldn't tell you what one of the stocks do. The daily standard deviation of this portfolio was only 1.56%. Looking at my YTD returns however, I don't deserve respect.

In my opinion, you got lucky with the timing of it all.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

NTDOY 68.35 57.70 18.45%
GME 56.65 47.45 19.38%
GNK 66.35 54.17 22.48%
VMW 95.09 70.20 35.45%
TTWO 17.98 14.35 25.29%

[/ QUOTE ]

Props... what are your thoughts on all of these now?

I'm glad to see another TTWO investor. FWIW Wall Street is finally coming around

Motley Fool
Old 10-09-2007, 09:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I shorted amazon on your advice at 77 dollars what do i do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you read my post you would know that I said I think it is overpriced but not to short it yet because I expected it to continue to trend upwards, which it has.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 AM

I wish I could put a disclaimer at the end of your posts shoe. Like they do for Jim Cramer on CNBC. Oh well

BOOOOOOYAHHHHH SHOE, NICE RESULTS! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 10:23 AM

congrats on your results.

some suggestions: in your (imaginary?) portfolio, indicate what % of your allocations you'd give to each of your picks and track the entire thing. in your post above you listed 5 stocks. how much of each would you hold if you were managing this portfolio? do you hold or did you hold/recommend any other stocks? if so, what %s?

if you PM me your email address i'll send you an excel sheet to show you what i mean. (i.e. i'll do the first one for you based on these 5 picks and assuming they are all evenly allocated).

the reason is because our minds are wired to remember the best trades we did and having a solid track record is important if you really want to track your reco's which it sounds like you do.

secondly, this is a very very cocky post. especially this part:

[ QUOTE ]
This is post is meant to be condescending and challenge your way of thinking. The reason many of you are not rich is because you fail to realize how inefficient the markets are and keep falling into the trap of managed funds that produce mediocre results yet charge high fees. Picking good to great individual stocks is the way to go, and is really not that hard to do, as I have shown time after time again

[/ QUOTE ]

so you've shown time and time again ... for 2 months? that is very poor taste.

kimchi already said it but it is worth repeating. 2 months is nothing. absolutely nothing. you talk like you've been at this for 5 (hugely successful) years. even i am humble and curious. you seem to be cocky and know-it-all.

and i don't really think you understand the efficiency argument. anybody can pick any number of stocks and they can have huge gains...but those gains are random. it doesn't say you can never beat the market over 2 months.

personally i don't believe markets are efficient, but i do think they are hard to beat over the long run. you seemt o think it is a cakewalk.

anyways, congrats on your results so far. my advice: tone it down and stay curious.

Barron
Old 10-09-2007, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
personally i don't believe markets are efficient

[/ QUOTE ]

Barron, I seem to remember someone refering to an argument you had in a thread with another BFI 2p2er regarding this, but I can't find the specific location. Can you find the link? I'd like to browse over it.