Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Kurt Warner>>>>Brady>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>M anning

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Brasky>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>
Ditka>>>>>>>Little Ditkas>>>>>>>>
Uncle Rico>>>>>>>Doug Flutie>>>>>Kurt Warner>>>>Brady>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>M anning
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: The Official \"Tom Brady re-writes the record books in 2007\" Thread

Manning 04 for comparison:

336/497 (67.6 %), 4557 yards, 49 TD, 10 INT, 121.1 rating.

So after 3 games, Brady is on pace to throw 4 more TDs, 5 less INTs, and 180 more yards than Peyton Manning.

He's obviously having a good season, but c'mon now.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:40 PM

brady is absolutely raping...but he's also faced some pretty weak defenses, the jets and bills, and the chargers are pretty overrated imo on defense, especially against the pass. there can be no doubt brady is going to have a ridiculous career season but i dont think hes gonna keep up the record pace
Old 09-24-2007, 03:17 PM

Who cares about Brady. Moss is on pace for 2150 yards and 26-27 TDs which will destroy both records. What sucks though is that 85 is on pace for 2360yds and Burress is also on pace for 26-27 TDs so he might not end up w/ either record. Still, that would be a pretty good season.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is what I posted in the NE Pats thread:

[ QUOTE ]
After last year's SB everyone has jumped over to the "Manning is the best player in the game" side. But I think that Brady will reclaim that crown this year. People tremendously underrate how much having WRs like Wayne and especially Harrison make Manning look better. Brady will have that luxury for the first time this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh yeah, because the quality of a team's defense obviously has nothing to do with what kind of stats the offensive players is able to rack up. And plz with the WR's. Wide receivers are overrated. What about the O-line? Of course you guys have to highlight the one area where Manning has had better support and you conveniently forget about the rest of the team. Brady is just an average QB that's been surfing on superior support.

Manning >>>>>>>>>> Palmer >>> The rest >>>>>> Tavaris >>> Brady/Grossman tossup
Old 09-24-2007, 03:54 PM

I like how you link a story that calls Brady a great QB in your argument why Brady is just average.

[ QUOTE ]
But in the grand scheme, a team with a great quarterback but average receivers is in much better shape than the reverse—witness the Patriots last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

And uh.. Manning's O-Line is pretty damn good.
Old 09-24-2007, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Here is what I posted in the NE Pats thread:

[ QUOTE ]
After last year's SB everyone has jumped over to the "Manning is the best player in the game" side. But I think that Brady will reclaim that crown this year. People tremendously underrate how much having WRs like Wayne and especially Harrison make Manning look better. Brady will have that luxury for the first time this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh yeah, because the quality of a team's defense obviously has nothing to do with what kind of stats the offensive players is able to rack up. And plz with the WR's. Wide receivers are overrated. What about the O-line? Of course you guys have to highlight the one area where Manning has had better support and you conveniently forget about the rest of the team. Brady is just an average QB that's been surfing on superior support.

Manning >>>>>>>>>> Palmer >>> The rest >>>>>> Tavaris >>> Brady/Grossman tossup

[/ QUOTE ]

ZeTurd you cannot be real.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZeTurd you cannot be real.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sigh. I'll try to be less subtle next time. I had a point though. See if you can find it.
Old 09-24-2007, 04:30 PM

I think grossman is as good as brady, he just doesnt have a good O line. Put grossman in NE and he would do better.
Old 09-24-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani,

Kitna has 980 yards right now. He will end up with 5226 yards to break the record.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Kitna really does have a chance. In week 2 when he was out his backup threw for 150 yards, so he could easily already have 1100 plus.