Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 10:32 PM

Default Good time to buy Party Shares

Anyone thing now is a good time to get some? They were over $150 before the ban and are now aound $28.
The general consenus is the ban will be lifted within 2 years. Will they rocket up if it is lifted?
Old 08-08-2007, 10:36 PM

Default Re: Good time to buy Party Shares

I'd think it would be best to wait another 6 months to a year, when the stock will most likely go down further, then buy a lot and watch it skyrocket as US players are allowed in again.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 PM

Where is this "general consensus" that the ban will be lifted within 2 years? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm interested in reading about it.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where is this "general consensus" that the ban will be lifted within 2 years? I'm not saying you're wrong, but I'm interested in reading about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

The "general consensus" is nothing more than 2+2 hopefuls. If the ban ever has a chance of being lifted, we will know about it here first and will have ample time to buy party shares then. In the mean time, I'd definitely hold off on buying anything on the hope that someday our government will pull its head out of its ass, and legalize and regulate this industry, and reap the rewards from doing so.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If the ban ever has a chance of being lifted, we will know about it here last and won't have ample time to buy party shares before they skyrocket

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 AM

I think if the US regulates online poker and allows US corps like MGM and Harrahs to enter the market then Party will have other problems. A well run poker site by MGM could destroy Party forever IMO.
Old 08-09-2007, 01:50 AM

so is it a good idea to start looking at Harrah's or MGM instead? Online gambling would increase their revenue like crazy.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:25 AM

Even if it becomes legal in the U.S again, I doubt it will be worth anywhere near $150 per share. I have a feeling many of their U.S customers won't come back because of the ban, and they'll have a hard time growing their U.S customer base.
Old 08-09-2007, 04:47 AM

If the ban gets lifted and online poker becomes regulated, it will be a mad scramble to get in. And most people will want to play the Bellagio Online with comp points that can be used in Vegas instead of crappy old PartyPoker three years after the brand basically died in the US.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:23 AM

ive been pondering this (i sold at 53p - woot). i think the market is currently underpricing party shares as the general drop in player numbers and lack of growth clearly has shaken the expectation that party what suceed in other foreign markets.

the realisation that party also would likely not be let back into the us, as instead it would be far more government regulated (or just letting in a few chosen firms via strict regulation, such as harrah's), has meant the future does look relatively bleak in terms of a share boom.

the other problem is that the withdrawl by ft or stars from the us market may actually mean more players leave party, as i imagine on stars or ft right now most of the americans are pretty good (based on willingness to play).

personally i'd keep a strong eye on pokersitescout.com to see if player numbers pick up. if so consider buying, if not, considering waiting.