Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION

Old 11-15-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: Leggo Poker avatars

ok cool, thats fine.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I just don't see any ground for moving it. I mean is it standard for mods to take action like this whenever the notify mod button is hit? Frankly it's not a big deal to me but I just feel whenever mods hear anything regarding LeggoPoker they take action where threads like "Should I buy a cardrunners.com account?" And "Who is the best 3bet coaches?" are no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

[iron]tickner - there have been questions about cardrunner and 3bet in the past as well - this isnt specific to your company. Nobody is singling you out - your just taking center stage right now because the spotlight has been shined on Leggo. We didn't chose the shine the spotlight, the spotlight was part of your company's PR strategy so you have to accept the bad that goes along with the good of that spotlight shining.

Its the individual mods decision in each forum as to what the decorum is (with some group help of course), thats the way Mat & Mason designed the forum - they want it to be as hands off as possible provided the moderator has the best interest of the community in mind. One of the ways a moderator maintains this balance for the community is through user complaints. PMs and notify mod buttons are the private way that occurs when they dont want to post in public. So if a user was offended - and you have to admit its reasonable for a user to be offended - then it's jmans job to make a decision that will be good for the community and determine if its just one user who complained or if many others feel the same way - and then act accordingly for the best of the community.

At the same time you have to admit your getting free promotion, its not good to look a gift horse in the face because sometimes the horse can bite back! Just roll with the small punches, don't sweat the small stuff and your business will do just fine. Its good advice from an old guy (not really old - just feeling it this week) like me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [/iron]
Old 11-16-2007, 12:10 AM

Yup, I said it was cool.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yup, I said it was cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

my timing sucked, I was typing all that Ironish crap while you two resolved everything. blame the tequila.
Old 11-16-2007, 12:32 AM

*blames tequila*
Old 11-16-2007, 01:03 PM

SO mods, what is the official ruling on the thread?
Old 11-16-2007, 02:29 PM

I've moved it back to NVG.
Old 11-17-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i banned him. almost all his posts are designed to promote his site and they link there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mat, I didn't remember his linkage to be that egregious, but I didn't pay that much attention to them when I was one of the great unwashed.

Since I now DO have to pay more attention, I thought I'd ask more about this ban. Did he refuse to make any changes, or was this a judgement based on his posts?

He did link to his site frequently, but when I surveyed his last few months of posts, he didn't make a huge number of references to his site as a pimped-for service.

Also, I wasn't aware that he'd added a "premium" hosting service for a fee. He'd always promoted it as a free resource for home poker players to utilize.

I took a quick gander and the main page seemed to promote the free services, rather than pushing the premium poker league services. I didn't dig into it too deeply yet.

Did I miss something? stevea wasn't a bad poster imo, and did contribute to Home Poker on a semi-regular basis. I'd like to know more about this, if possible, to get a handle on the reasoning (for my edification and future standards-setting).
Old 11-17-2007, 08:33 PM

My initial random analysis of his posts led me to conclude that he posted with the sole intent of linking to his site.

If he is actually contributing, then my analysis is incorrect. I'd like to see some examples if I'm wrong.
Old 11-17-2007, 09:19 PM

Has stevea responded back at all? Can he, if he's banned?

If he doesn't care, then no effort is needed. If we need the research done, I can do it. Maybe I'll just do it anyway... regardless of what is decided about his fate.