Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-30-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Why so much hate between Twoplustwo / Pocketfives?

I think this is excellent poker advice. Actually, I think we should all sign up for pocket fives and then purposely give them horrible advice. We could mentor more fish into the market.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am actually thinking about doing this...
Old 11-30-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've always heard P5s has terrible players that give horrible advice but I never believed it until just now, when I first visited the site to see if it was true. The very first thread I opened advocated folding KK on a KJT flop getting 2:1
http://www.pocketfives.com/6BD810C8-...99A6399BC.aspx

[ QUOTE ]
I was playin at harrahs New Orleans, 1-2 no limit. Limped around, I was in the big blind with pocket kings. I made it 15 total, 4 others called (5 total). Flop comes Kd Jd Ts. I lead out 45(another 410 behind), guy folds, guy raises 145 total(about another 100 behind), guy folds, button raises 395 all in, now its back to me. I dont know anything of the first guy but the button is a pretty good player. Any advice on this hand would be helpfulful, Call or fold or just a different way to play it.

Reply:
Easy fold. Everything else pretty standard. If the button is as good as you say he is, he has AQ...maybe Q9. Maybe a set is looking to gamble, I suppose.

Apparently a raise to $30 is necessary preflop to pare the field a bit. That's a nice game you have going there.

reply2:
if it limped around why wouldn't the guy on the button raise it up with AQ to narrow the field? but I can really see Q9 though, since you raise in the BB I can see him calling Q9 on the button with 3 callers ahead of him. If you wanna gamble for a huge pot call, but other wise I'm pretty sure your beat.

Reply 3:
Because if he's good he knows that he'd have to raise more than that hand is worth to pare down the field. Or it may just not pare down at all, as AA just found out. He may as well play it for the limp with position and see if he can't trap a weaker ace into a decent sized pot or flop something huge. At a loooooooose table like this, it's definitely something I'd consider. Either way, it's not a hand that can be eliminated. I'd rather get into pots with these guys with hands like J10/JQ/89 any day over AQ. He might be thinking something similar.

There's no reason to call. This looks like a table that's going to offer a lot of opportunities to get a lot of money in very, very good. Why bother here?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
At least read at the whole thread and put it in context if you're going imply what you're implying.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the button turned AQ face up it would be pretty much neutral EV, any other hand you are a massive favorite against(except Q9) so I dont know what context is necessary here.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. The same person made the 1st and 3rd replies.
2. He later posted that he misread the hand.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:20 AM

So one guy can't read HH's, and the other guy is also a moron who folds because "If you wanna gamble for a huge pot call, but other wise I'm pretty sure your beat."
Old 12-01-2007, 03:53 AM

OP,

didn't read the rest of the thread, but I consider 2p2 a more densely layered site than p5s and in fact don't really consider really them the same type of website, poker players in the know go to 2+2 technical forums for strategy/advice etc., while the range of other Poker and OT forums themselves could each almost support P5s membership.

Pocket 5s is an online Tournament Poker rankings website, with a lower percentage of members of 2p2, in fact I believe that 2p2 is the #1 poker related website IIRC (no source, just recall seeing a thread)

The fact is that all sites are looking up at the vaunted 2p2.com and publishing magnate, many with a jaundiced eye to be sure. I think the hate many noob posters from P5s get when visiting the site and identifying themselves as P5s members is similar to the hazing a junior high kid gets from the high schoolers, underclassmen v. upperclassmen etc. All good natured comraderie, to be sure

As an aside, if I'm asked about playing online/websites -if the subject comes up, that is, I used play dumb about 2p2 to players in live games, because I didn't want to give up that I played S&M style or whatever to my opponents, not so much anymore, but you can't really use the same analogy in relation to pocketfives anyways truly rambling now......

Kem
Old 12-01-2007, 09:49 AM

not sure if anyone pointed this out earlier in the thread but

LOL DONKAMENTS
Old 12-01-2007, 11:32 AM

Here are some similar rivalries:

Crips vs Bloods
East Coast vs West Coast
Yankees vs Red Sox
Lakers vs Celtics
Old 12-01-2007, 11:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Crips vs Bloods
East Coast vs West Coast
Yankees vs Red Sox
Lakers vs Celtics

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd Graders vs 4th Graders
Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Crips vs Bloods
East Coast vs West Coast
Yankees vs Red Sox
Lakers vs Celtics

[/ QUOTE ]

3rd Graders vs 4th Graders

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember those kick ball days.
Old 12-01-2007, 12:15 PM

don't forget Israel vs. Palestine
Old 12-01-2007, 01:06 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
Here's an OP from a thread started on PocketFives.

[ QUOTE ]
Ive been thinking alot about AK lately and been thinking the hand sucks all in pre flop. My reasoning is this...if I push and get called by a PP I am a 52/48 dog depending if it is suited or not, so already I am losing with this hand 52% of the time. Then I started thinking what about the fools who push and you call when they have 9d10d or who call you with AJ and then suckout. I am figuring that this has to happen at least 20% of the time that you get all in with AK.

So this means that at least 75% of time I get all in preflop with AK I am going to lose...anybody good with math please help....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea.

[/ QUOTE ]

"i've been thinking a lot lately..."

yeah no you havent.