Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Chris Vaughn BluffMag multiaccounting

I find these threads hilarious now. There have been so many of them recently and they all run the same. Yet nothing will change. Jeff threatened the cheaters months ago and has done nothing, yet he still seems to have a lot of knowledge of the events. UCLA came on and threatened them then backed off and nothing has come of that.

Nothing will change until the players decide to make a difference. If you agree that the cheaters are stealing from you, why doesn't someone stand up and do something?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:06 PM

If someone scams your granny for $76,000.00 they are a cheating lying scumbag...

If someone one cheats at poker for $76,000.00...it is the same. The rightfull winner might have used the money to buy his granny a hip operation, his poverty bound mother a house of her own or just got to retire from a shithole job. He/they cheated someone out of $ 76,000 .....the [censored] deserve to be in a shower in a 3rd world jail bending over for a bar of soap...... TAFN
Old 11-29-2007, 02:17 PM

Luc,
You are phrasing your point poorly, I get what you are trying to say that one scummy/unethical move doesn't make the person as a whole a scumbag, but you are articulating it poorly.

The analogy is retarded.
1. Is editing cheating?
2. Is there a one writer per article rule outlined by Bluff?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM

Okay this is going to be my last post in the thread but cliffnotes.
1. Inyourface (not inyaface) is one of the biggest trolls on 2p2 ban plz.
2. Selling accounts is unethical but in order to stop it sites need to crack down on account buyers, as well the sites need clearer strict guidelines on this for what is and is not allowed.
3. Committing one unethical act does not mean someone is a scumbag.
4. For whats wrong with analogy see Pudge's post.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:24 PM

i agree fwiw about cracking down on things plattsburgh style, but how do you prove that? empirical (sp?) evidence? what if you have people sweating you and just think "out loud" on IM or in person as the case might be?

i mean, selling the seat is so far and away blatantly wrong that you have to crack down on it, but how do you enforce a situation like plattsburgh? and if you don't have any ideas, i think just railing against it is silly. it's gonna happen, because it's pretty clear that some people just don't have the ethical standards to give a crap.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luc,
You are phrasing your point poorly, I get what you are trying to say that one scummy/unethical move doesn't make the person as a whole a scumbag, but you are articulating it poorly.

The analogy is retarded.
1. Is editing cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok.

I can see the difference here, ty. Perhaps i should have put more thought into it b4 quoting it =)

I almost made similar rantish post like the one above yours.

As a losing MTT player it is frustrating to see the same people raping the end games, i can't imagine being on the level of having to battle with them. Some Catch 22 there huh?

Am i wrong in thinking that this is becoming more like the AP scandal? It seems that any time some unknown makes a thin call and is right on the FT bubble ppl now have to wonder just who it might be they are playing.

Sometimes i think i need a jcg2005spellcheck gimmick but hopefully i got my point across....
Old 11-29-2007, 02:40 PM

how is there any defense to this? eagles, you say that nearly everyone who makes it deep into a MTT with a big prize on the line would sell their seat to a player to reduce variance..last time i checked, you cant do that live and if someone attempted it and the TD allowed it..everyone else at the table would freak and a riot would ensue..sorry for the simplicity and retardedness of the comparison but how is buying an online account any different?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

3. Committing one unethical act does not mean someone is a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]
Given the precedent for this particular unethical act, I think you're wrong.

Are you one of those people who feel sorry for Pete Rose?
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
BTW without knowing many specifics I will add this. I met Chris in Vegas once he was a very nice guy, most people I know who have met him say the same thing. Assuming the info in this thread is correct, people need to realize that 250k or w/e is a lot of money and for someone like Chris who is a writer not a poker player it is easy to understand why he would want to reduce variance and ensure he makes a lot of money, and letting somebody buy his account does not make him a scumbag.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does Chris also have someone else finish off his stories for him when he's running up against a deadline?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to think of a good way to equate it to his writing career, you have done a much better job so ill just quote it =)

[/ QUOTE ]
This analogy is retarded for 42121421124124 reasons

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? Wouldn't it still just be his name under the byline? If done without credit, it would be just as fraudulent.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Luc,

The analogy is retarded.
1. Is editing cheating?

[/ QUOTE ]

You miss the point, sorry. Who said anything about editing?

If you publish an article under your name, that was written by someone else, that is journalistically unethical and dishonest.

Does it have the same impact as having someone else play your account? Obviously not. But that doesn't change the dishonesty of the analogous conduct.