Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM

Default Re: Prop bet thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet I could out-shoot anyone who has previously posted in this thread best of 50 or 100:

from the college 3-point line
at the bottom of the circle in the key (ie 5-6 feet in front of the foul line)

(offer void if you currently play d1-d3 college ball, or played d1-d2 and are <25)

[/ QUOTE ]

how much would you like to wager?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't bet more than a few hundred, because I'm not a lock or anything.

500 max maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

dizzzam confidence out the window quick

you would fly somewhere to play for a few hundred? i probably wouldn't do this unless it was at least a few grand

[/ QUOTE ]

No, that's the thing, I say 500 because I wouldn't fly out somewhere to do it, but if someone lives within driving distance and meets my criteria, I will do it for 500.

I am pretty confident, I'm just not going to risk more than like 5% of my roll on this.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Halo
Halo 2
Battlefield 2 (xbox 360)
Age of Empires II (computer)

bring it

[/ QUOTE ]
I love it when people post video game stuff. Unless you're nationally ranked, you know you're going to get destroyed by someone on here who is. So why bother acting tough when you know you're going to end up wimping out when challenged by the one or two people who would actually be willing to play a random dude over the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, because there are no legit "national rankings", I have a shot even if someone is ridiculously nasty, and I'm talking about $20-$50 to make it interesting. EVERY game you play online is "challenging some random dude over the internet," if you're a gamer you've played a zillion people.

I'm tryna throw a few bucks down, maybe meet another gamer, and play a game. The only one acting tough here is you.
Edit: this is a prop bet thread. I don't know why I'm even responding to trolls.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you haven't been around here that long, but you're about the ten thousandth person to issue a video game challenge and about two of them have gone down and that was because HSNL players didn't mind donking off a few hundred to guys who are actually good at the game.

What I was commenting on was the 'I'll play anyone in any one of 4 games' attitude, which then invariably gets backed up with "...for $5" or "...anyone who isn't any good at the game". If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to find you 100 example threads...

But feel free to prove me wrong by actually playing ANY comers for some reasonable sum like $500+ per game...

Edit: And obviously I meant "someone who is willing to play a random dude over the internet for significant sums of money, genius...
Old 08-30-2007, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Halo
Halo 2
Battlefield 2 (xbox 360)
Age of Empires II (computer)

bring it

[/ QUOTE ]
I love it when people post video game stuff. Unless you're nationally ranked, you know you're going to get destroyed by someone on here who is. So why bother acting tough when you know you're going to end up wimping out when challenged by the one or two people who would actually be willing to play a random dude over the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, because there are no legit "national rankings", I have a shot even if someone is ridiculously nasty, and I'm talking about $20-$50 to make it interesting. EVERY game you play online is "challenging some random dude over the internet," if you're a gamer you've played a zillion people.

I'm tryna throw a few bucks down, maybe meet another gamer, and play a game. The only one acting tough here is you.
Edit: this is a prop bet thread. I don't know why I'm even responding to trolls.

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe you haven't been around here that long, but you're about the ten thousandth person to issue a video game challenge and about two of them have gone down and that was because HSNL players didn't mind donking off a few hundred to guys who are actually good at the game.

What I was commenting on was the 'I'll play anyone in any one of 4 games' attitude, which then invariably gets backed up with "...for $5" or "...anyone who isn't any good at the game". If you don't believe me, I'd be happy to find you 100 example threads...

But feel free to prove me wrong by actually playing ANY comers for some reasonable sum like $500+ per game...

Edit: And obviously I meant "someone who is willing to play a random dude over the internet for significant sums of money, genius...

[/ QUOTE ]

and who are you again?
Old 08-30-2007, 12:25 AM

just a guy
Old 08-30-2007, 07:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a couple random ideas:

* For six months, only self propelled transportation is allowed (e.g. walking, running, or riding a bike). No public transportation and no hitching a ride with a friend or stranger. No motorcycles, mopeds, or Segways allowed.

* Absolutely no personal body hygiene for thirty days. This includes showering, shaving, brushing teeth, wearing deodorant, body spray, or cologne, household cleansers, car freshners. Must wear the same set of clothes for the same period - which can't be washed. Wiping your ass is allowed. Must maintain normal lifestyle - no vacations allowed.

Obviously, the length of this bet varies from person to person. For someone who works in a formal office setting, thirty days is a long time. However, for some poker players, this may be norm.

* Become a Freegan for thirty days. Absolutely no help from friends. Which includes dumpster diving in their trash. Never know what was "accidentally" thrown away.

* Combine the personal hygiene and freeganism into one bet: Become homeless for thirty days.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd be willing to do this.

only the freegan thing is crazy. i'd be willing to be homeless and no use any transportation and not change clothes, but i need to brush teeth once a day.

verification of the bet is hard, but i could do a backpack with video tapes and batteries, and tape myself for the entire time (is that realistic, i'm not knowledgable on cameras)
sounds like the bet would be sleeping on the streets, begging for food, and not changing, and smelling like [censored], risk of other homeless people fights.

btw i live in a large metropolitan area. s is going to the bathroom at mcdonald's allowed? or do i have to beg for money to use public (pay) restrooms?

i think one month is something i'd be willing to do, maybe 2 months as well. and odds would be needed.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:01 PM

i need help figuring out the details of a prop bet between 6 or 8 of my friends. it would be food-related, something like "who can go the longest eating only burritos from anna's taqueria." i think that would go on forever though cause anna's is so delicious, so maybe nothing but green peppers.

the point is i want something that will be obnoxious enough to end in ~1 week but not mess anybody up too badly. also, some friends are fairly broke, some have office jobs and some don't, and one's a vegetarian, so we have to work around that.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:14 PM

How about who can go the longest only spending $2/day on food or something like that?
Old 08-30-2007, 02:48 PM

hmm i have never done anything like this before, but here is my idea

i will lay even money that i can 8-table NLHE cash games on pokerstars for 48 hours straight. $100-500 bet range. conditions would be:

-i choose the stakes (i am a low stakes player, obv play money not permitted)

-i get two 5-minute breaks (bathroom)

-i am granted 30 seconds at any given time to open a new table in the event that one or more of the tables empties (thus briefly bringing my total below 8)

-in the event of Stars being down for maintenance, a power outtage, or some other unforeseen technical difficulty the bet will be postponed (unless it lasts under 5 minutes, in which case I may continue with the bet.

I will also do 72 hours straight given 2-1 odds, same conditions.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:23 PM

captain planet,

if you time out at any time, you lose?

also you need to give a $$$ amount, I might be interested in the 72 hr one. also we may need to figure out an audit system that may or may not cost money.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hmm i have never done anything like this before, but here is my idea

i will lay even money that i can 8-table NLHE cash games on pokerstars for 48 hours straight. $100-500 bet range. conditions would be:

-i choose the stakes (i am a low stakes player, obv play money not permitted)

-i get two 5-minute breaks (bathroom)

-i am granted 30 seconds at any given time to open a new table in the event that one or more of the tables empties (thus briefly bringing my total below 8)

-in the event of Stars being down for maintenance, a power outtage, or some other unforeseen technical difficulty the bet will be postponed (unless it lasts under 5 minutes, in which case I may continue with the bet.

I will also do 72 hours straight given 2-1 odds, same conditions.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think 72 hours would be really tough, even with no restrictions on drugs. you really only want 2 breaks for 48 hours, i assume 3 for 72? i'd consider taking this bet.