Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Table image to other HUD users

Do you prefer HUD users to view you as laggier than you really are, or tighter than you actually are? Because so many of my c-bets feel like steals or semi bluffs with overcards, I would rather be seen as tight.

In another post, Diebitter suggested it was an advantage to keep your vpip and pfr higher than it would be

[ QUOTE ]
which means that you appear more loose to any HUD user than you otherwise would. The looser you appear, the more action you will get back in marginal spots.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obv both have merits. I've been running (6 max) at 20/17 with plenty of isolating loose raisers/ light 3 betting, so I think it helps to appear as tight as possible to other HUD users. Or do you just see how things play out, and try and exploit your image of the moment?
Old 08-23-2007, 11:35 AM

Default Re: Table image to other HUD users

Your money comes from the bad players, not the good players. I don't worry about the good players except knowing who they are.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:03 PM

How do you fake having a higher pfr and vpip w/o being put in the same situations as a LAG would with a higher pfr and vpip. Also if all other HUD users are looking at is your vpip and pfr thats just terrible.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:11 PM

The LAG style is based around people thinking you're splashing around and playing crap cards and gambling it up. To that end, I'd love good players to think I'm some 60/40 psycho. Then when I flop a set I'll get action from them too (and I hope to get action from the bad players regardless).

If you're playing TAG then I can see wanting to look tight -- you want your steals and bluffs to have a higher chance of success.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 PM

Yah, I did make assumptions that a tag player - playing mostly solid cards - would prefer losing a little in bluffage but gaining in increased playback when you are mostly ahead, when I said that. The truth depends on what your style is. If you tend to use your Tagginess to bluff, then you don't want that. If you are a tag who plays solid cards and are good at ranging and outwitting people that hold onto weaker hands that bit too long, you do want that.