Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 12-01-2007, 08:04 PM

Default 100nl: I suck in 3bet pots...

I always find 3bet pots so difficult to play. I can usually put villains on a decent range but i can never figure out what they are going to do with that range.

Heres a simple hand to illustrate my point

Villain is 30/17/5, and capable of making moves post flop. I 3bet him earlier in the session with KQs he called, i cbet on a 842 board and he folded.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

SB ($66.10)
BB ($122.10)
UTG ($160.45)
MP ($63.50)
Hero ($104.20)
Button ($109.30)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $11</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP calls $8.

Flop: ($23.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> I dunno if i should be cbetting this flop. My thoughts are that he folds hands like KQ, 98 most of the time, sometimes he might bluff raise these. He probably calls with underpairs and raises/calls with Jacks. Thoughts on checking? Thoughts on betting $12 and shoving on most turns? </font>

Turn: ($23.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $10</font>, Hero ???

<font color="blue"> Again, im clueless on the turn. Wtf does this bet mean? is he doing this with random crap? what about underpairs? will he ever fold those to a shove?

grrrrr.... i hate 3bet pots..... </font>
Old 12-01-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: 100nl: I suck in 3bet pots...

i think the flop check is fine. i would call the turn bet, planning on folding to a non A or K river if he keeps firing, and trying to take the pot away on the river sometimes when we miss and he checks
Old 12-01-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the flop check is fine. i would call the turn bet, planning on folding to a non A or K river if he keeps firing, and trying to take the pot away on the river sometimes when we miss and he checks

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree, but calling the river sometimes unimproved.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm...interesting i thought calling turn was bad [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

So you expect him to bluff river almost never AND fold stuff like 88 to a river bet if he checks? How do you come to these conclusions because on the turn i was like "ok this guy could have a PP here, will he fold it to a shove or river bet? [censored], i dont know!"
Old 12-01-2007, 08:21 PM

If you're calling a river bet (some times) raise the turn, makes his spot oop far more difficult to play.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're calling a river bet (some times) raise the turn, makes his spot oop far more difficult to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i like raising the turn if we have no showdown value. here however there is no need as we are ahead often enough
Old 12-01-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i like raising the turn if we have no showdown value. here however there is no need as we are ahead often enough

[/ QUOTE ]

do you think a turn raise has the most FE against PP's
Old 12-01-2007, 09:09 PM

I like calling the turn and then making a tough river decision which sometimes includes calling a bluff, a thin bet or raise if we make top pair, folding if we think A high no good against his value bet, or just any other scenarios, but this type of player is bluff-leading the turn here often enough to take the AK, a good showdown hand, to the river and see what develops.