Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

View Poll Results: Cindy Violette Hot or Not
Hot 298 67.73%
Not 142 32.27%
Voters: 440. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 AM

Default Re: Who would win in a street brawl??

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone at all explained how this would not be on the ground in less than a minute? There are a lot of youtube idiots saying "OMG tyson looks so much cooler lolzors i wet my shorts".

I really want someone to explain how this fight won't end up on the ground. I gave a fairly exhaustive analysis of why I think it always will, and I have a bit of knowledge to back it up. If you can refute these points, by all means please do.

And Re: dirty fighting. What makes you think chuck couldn't do all the same biting/eye gouging/etc. just as well as tyson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you train with the SBGi guys?
Singer FTW by house cleaning products.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that some people are forgetting this is a street fight. Yeah, Chuck has tyson down/locked up...but what happens when Tyson starts biting? Or if Liddell has him locked up and tyson grabs his pinkey and breaks it?

Also, what difference does the lack of gloves work for both fighters? I would think that one punch from tyson = KO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an avenue I haven't thought of. I have no MMA other than watching it on TV. In regards to submissions is it fairly easy to bite to get out of before you get a limb majorly hurt? If so this definitely would sway a lot of people into Tyson's side
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh the old Tyson vs MMA guy thread. Terrible choice of MMA guy, Lidell is about the worst name fighter to pick here. Oh and Tyson is by far the best boxxer due to his past and style. You Ali guys are funny, rope a dope, sure. Tyson grabs a [censored] brick, by far the best pick here.

Two facts:

1. Lidell regularly trains in the more applicable discpline. Boxing trains and conditions fighters for a very narrow subset of fighting. MMA does the same in the sense that (for example) pulling guard in a street fight with random "others" is a really [censored] bad idea. But MMA is clearly the "better" discipline for the fight.

2. Tyson is by far the more gifted fighter. Fighters chase the money and while it is currently not quite pennies on the dollar, it pretty close when you look at pay scales. No doubt if Tyson went MMA he would have been the best. Sick natural ability.

With those two facts established, weapons banned, and some modicum of order (like Kimbo v Gannon). I say Lidell 60/40 but with a [censored] ton of variance and I wouldn't bet it for real money. It's the question everyone wants to know the answer to but no one can pay for.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

so the worst mma fighter gets 60/40 in a bare knuckled street fight against mike tyson in his prime?
lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

He said the worst NAME fighter...jesus do you even read the posts before you respond to them or do you keep regurgitating the same drivel over and over again? And he's right btw...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes i read the posts and its not fair of you to attack me like that because i misunderstood one thing lol.
Can you explain what he means?
Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 AM

tyson would hurt chuck bad with a shot to anywhere...he knocked out the best in the world in mere seconds in his prime with gloves on....if chuck somehow manages to knock have to take 1 punch then he has a chance
Old 04-26-2007, 01:17 AM

All,

I don't know much about MMA, but I do know that pure crazy is about the most powerful weapon, not to mention the scariest thing, in a bar fight.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ahhh the old Tyson vs MMA guy thread. Terrible choice of MMA guy, Lidell is about the worst name fighter to pick here. Oh and Tyson is by far the best boxxer due to his past and style. You Ali guys are funny, rope a dope, sure. Tyson grabs a [censored] brick, by far the best pick here.

Two facts:

1. Lidell regularly trains in the more applicable discpline. Boxing trains and conditions fighters for a very narrow subset of fighting. MMA does the same in the sense that (for example) pulling guard in a street fight with random "others" is a really [censored] bad idea. But MMA is clearly the "better" discipline for the fight.

2. Tyson is by far the more gifted fighter. Fighters chase the money and while it is currently not quite pennies on the dollar, it pretty close when you look at pay scales. No doubt if Tyson went MMA he would have been the best. Sick natural ability.

With those two facts established, weapons banned, and some modicum of order (like Kimbo v Gannon). I say Lidell 60/40 but with a [censored] ton of variance and I wouldn't bet it for real money. It's the question everyone wants to know the answer to but no one can pay for.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with pretty much everything said here. Jaydub, if the fighter was changed from Liddel to Fedor how would the precentages be altered in your opinion? FWIW, if Tyson grew up training MMA instead of boxing he would have been an animal, but as for this hypothetical i'm predicating my opinions on the assumption that Tyson is not trained in MMA arts. But there's not much doubt in my mind that with his natural ability he would have crushed people if he was taught the arts of MMA fighting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fedor goes 70/30-ish but it is so hard to handicap because we have literally never seen Tyson in that environment. Clearly he has huge natural advantages but he trains in a horrible discipline for the contest.

Oh and to the random donkey with reading problems, I said Chuck was about the worst matchup of household name fighters not the worst MMA fighter. Styles make fights and Chuck's default style is to get an ass whooping from Tyson but we have to assume he'd adjust. Problem is that he has to adjust. No rational person suggests that Chuck wins with a counter punching strategy against Tyson.

J
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that some people are forgetting this is a street fight. Yeah, Chuck has tyson down/locked up...but what happens when Tyson starts biting? Or if Liddell has him locked up and tyson grabs his pinkey and breaks it?

Also, what difference does the lack of gloves work for both fighters? I would think that one punch from tyson = KO.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an avenue I haven't thought of. I have no MMA other than watching it on TV. In regards to submissions is it fairly easy to bite to get out of before you get a limb majorly hurt? If so this definitely would sway a lot of people into Tyson's side

[/ QUOTE ]
Biting isn't going to get you out of a submission hold.

In a street fight, there isn't going to be a submission hold. If Lidell has Tyson's arm, he isn't going to wait for him to tap out, hes just going to break it.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All this unequivocal MMA or boxer guy is a cinch win in a street fight is ridiculous. Nobody is that much of a lock and if anybody is going to be a near lock it's going to be the world champion boxer, eventhough IMO he might be the underdog (ambiguous yes but it makes sense). Nobody knows the speed and power of a world class athlete boxer.

And people saying that some smuck in the MMA who has to work a 2nd time job as a bouncer or trainer would take Tyson all the time is just delusional. Everyone into their sport always thinks it's harder to do and they are better than the other sport so I'm sure the MMA guys are all sure of their art. Leg kicks? If MMA fighters can take it a world champion boxer can withstand without fail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Liddel isnt as baller as tyson was in his prime, but I guarantee you he has more money now =). Liddel's a terrible example of a poor MMA fighter.

A world champion boxer without training leg kicks wouldnt be able to take one without fail. They've never bothered training/hardening their legs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously not Liddel. Some people said an average MMA fighter over 160lbs would take Tyson. Boxers are deemed to have some the sturdiest tree trunks aren't they? I think trying to get enough leg kicks to possibly wear down a striker like Tyson is just begging to get clocked once

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Tysons legs were MUCH stronger and solid than Liddells. Where do you think he generated all his power from, thin air? Im pretty sure he could take a few kicks to the leg.

[/ QUOTE ]

The amount of power capable of being generated by your leg msucles has nothing to do with your legs ability to feel pain.

[/ QUOTE ]

The size of your muscles does though. Strong point here. Also, I dont know if you've ever been in a fight, but pain is not an issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to Yoshida after he got chopped down by Cro Cop. Adrenaline wears off and training sets in. Nevermind tho, in your eyes the fights only going to last 10-15 seconds anwyays.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone at all explained how this would not be on the ground in less than a minute? There are a lot of youtube idiots saying "OMG tyson looks so much cooler lolzors i wet my shorts".

I really want someone to explain how this fight won't end up on the ground. I gave a fairly exhaustive analysis of why I think it always will, and I have a bit of knowledge to back it up. If you can refute these points, by all means please do.

And Re: dirty fighting. What makes you think chuck couldn't do all the same biting/eye gouging/etc. just as well as tyson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you train with the SBGi guys?
Singer FTW by house cleaning products.

[/ QUOTE ]

SBGi? don't know the reference. However, I do train under Rory and Adam Singer, both of whom could beat Mike Tyson in a street fight. Rory is a ufc vet, they are both brown belt+ in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and very good wrestlers. Rory is also a dangerous kickboxer.

Anyways, nobody has tried to refute my points about the fight ending up on the ground, so unless somebody counters why the takedown will always work on tyson, I'm gonna head out of this thread in just a few minutes.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:20 AM

also, the lack of gloves is going to increase Tyson's chance of breaking his own hand more significantly that it will increase his chance of a KO'ing his opponent.