Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2007, 01:09 AM

Default MPFD w/ heat on the flop...

Is this standard? Do you bet into the PFRer sometimes too? Note stack sizes...

OK, so the PF call is too loose... but the rest?

UTG is 35/24 over 37 hands
UTG+1 is unknown.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $103.45
UTG+1: $54
CO: $70.60
Button: $52.90
SB: $115.50
Hero: $101.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($8.25, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $2.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $10</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises all-in $99.85</font>

I thought the UTG bet looked weak and that UTG+1 would have seen it as such. Is this a good thought process here?

psw
Old 03-26-2007, 03:42 AM

Default Re: MPFD w/ heat on the flop...

yikes. huge overbet. I think you can raise to 35 here, or even just call.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:51 AM

9-11 outs and willing to put in 200BB's?...this is terrible.

Sure you have decent fold equity with the overbet but someone has a set here enough to wipe out all your EV. With calling I'm worried about UTG's weak lead indicating a higher FD and since he is a maniac he can have anything. I probably just call and if the flush hits on the turn I probably check to see if UTG wakes up. Implied odds here are crappy so a fold is fine too. Raising this less than AI sets us up to have to call a RRAI by sets so I don't like that either.

The rest of the discussion board usually disagrees with me on these types of hands so maybe I don't know what I'm talking about...take that into account.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yikes. huge overbet. I think you can raise to 35 here, or even just call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I put UTG on something a K could beat. I put UTG+1 on AK, AK, 88 or 22. Against this range, I thought I had pretty good fold equity + the better hand that with the overlay the pot was already offering, it seemed like a good move. What happens if I make it 35? If they both call and the turn blanks then I am in trouble. Talk to me more about the advantages of the raise to 35.

I guess one thing it does answer, if the UTG moves in then his chances of KK go way up... Even then, if UTG+1 folds, its 153 in the pot and I only need 65 to call... I'm coming in...

psw