Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 12:45 AM

Default Re: NL50: AK 4 bet pot deepstacked.

Yup.. Monkey and Shadow are right he had AK too. I folded but was close to shoving because I thought he must have a marginal hand to bet into me when it was pretty likely I was going to cbet the flop. 100 BB deep I would have stacked off but nearly 200 BB I pussied out.
Old 11-07-2007, 12:17 PM

IF only i can get it right when i play my own hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Yeah it takes balls to make that play, you really need to know your opponent. I might make those plays in a live game where i can sense more what the other opponent has by his body language.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:26 PM

One thing to think about is just calling the 3 bet preflop. I especially like to do this when deepish and I have position. A couple of advantages of this is that it disguises your hand strength and allows you to keep the pot a little smaller with your unpaired hand. I will mix it up and do this w/ AA and KK at times to try to balance it out.

By doing this with AK, you can fold the flop if you missed and if you hit your A or K, you are likely to collect on villain's mandatory c-bet that he will make on the flop. This gets value from JJ, QQ, or even KK depending on the flop. It also gets value out of a player squeezing with a worse ace when an ace comes on the flop. Just something to consider.