Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2007, 05:08 PM

Default Re: Ask me about financial success to spending 2 years state prison

tuq- I find the differing responses between this thread and the DUI idiot's thread illustrative.

Also, seriously, jury nullification?
Old 11-24-2007, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not to rain on the pity party, but this "The DA charged me with 18 charges so I was going to get convicted on something" nonsense is absurd. You broke the law. You knew you broke the law. Pleading out turned out to be a good move, so I don't know what people telling OP to get a better lawyer want.

Muresan, you're a goddamn moron. Yes, jury nullification was definitely created to protect the rights of rich people who have top white collar defense attorneys. If there's one demographic that gets [censored] over time and time again, it's white Jews from New York with enough assets to "eek a a living out of trading my own account" and enough political traction to get moved to a better jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would seroiously like to know why you think I broke the law.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:27 PM

Db,

There are subtle racial borders in a medium secuity prison, more defined in a max. I worked out, played cards, and cooked with white, black and Spanish guys (yes I know they are hispanic but in jail all latins or Spanish), but there was only one person I was close with, a white guy.

Ono,

we were allowed 55 lbs of food per month. Could get anything as long as it was cooked, vacuum sealed and didnt contain alcohol. As well as a commisary to get canned goods, chicken, pasta. We were able to cook using hot plates and had a frig to store stuff. I cooked with 2 others. My boy and I would supply the food and the one guy cooked. At times we omaha steaks sent to the prsison, def no complaints with my eating. The jail food however, was not too bad in itself.

Thing I learned on the inside was just how good I have it. I spoke and become somewhat close with others who had nothing else but prison, no family nothing. I vowed to myself I would never take anything for granted when released, even the little things like being able to order a pizza whenever i wanted (that lasted like a month). That and respect. I am always saying "scuse me" or "sorry" over the littlest things. Also, when you go to jail u=you findout who your friends are.

Nothing that crazy I saw. Saw heroine for the first time, when somebody told me, "lookout for the co's" as he quickly snorted 2 lines.

Saddest thing I saw was a guy who had been in for 20 years, every weekend he would get up early ahve get dressed and wait for a visit that would never come. Heartbreaking.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So this Jewish white kid (well not a kid 32 at the time)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to derail, as it sounds like you were the victim of an imperfect legal system, and that really does suck. I have to say, though, that language like this (combined w/ the line about unemployed harlem people) comes off a little racist. I know saying that you are white and jewish is just a fact, but the implication when you include it so explicitly is that it's more fair for black people to be going to jail.

Again, I realize it's pretty nitty, but I think you could consider (especially as someone who's been on the wrong side of injustice) what it sounds like you're saying when you write that.

[/ QUOTE ]

uhhhhhh no
Old 11-24-2007, 05:30 PM

All,

I did not start this thread to look for pity, nor do I believe I am getting any. I did it because friends of mine seemed entertained with some of my experiences.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tuq- I find the differing responses between this thread and the DUI idiot's thread illustrative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, there are a lot of preening moralizing judgmental annoying obnoxious hating douche bags in that other thread.

EDIT: PS OP this is an interesting thread thank you for discussion.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I would seroiously like to know why you think I broke the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, there are a lot of pieces of evidence, but I'd say the number one piece would be your guilty plea.

I don't mean to make this a tangent and I'm mostly upset at the sheer idiocy displayed by some of the respondents rather that anything you did. You seem to be handling it well.

[ QUOTE ]

Ya, there are a lot of preening moralizing judgmental annoying obnoxious hating douche bags in that other thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, [censored] it, tangent away. I realize the official [censored] position on enforcement of laws is "I deserve to get away with everything I do", but come on. Does anyone deserve to go to jail?

If I posted a thread "Going to jail in a week, molested too many kids" would you be posting "Tough to hear that bro, next time kill the little bastards. [censored] tha police"?

I realize that like half of twoplustwo's userbase are trust fund babies who have been getting out of trouble with the help of a high-priced lawyer since their mid-teens and are thus completely unfamiliar with the concept of "consequences", but in both cases OP broke the law. In one case it was a 20 year old with a substance abuse problem, the other a 32 year old with no excuse but greed(well, that and "everyone else was doing it"). If either of them deserve sympathy it's the other guy.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Muresan, you're a goddamn moron. Yes, jury nullification was definitely created to protect the rights of rich people who have top white collar defense attorneys. If there's one demographic that gets [censored] over time and time again, it's white Jews from New York with enough assets to "eek a a living out of trading my own account" and enough political traction to get moved to a better jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well according to op, he didn't know that he was involved in any illegal activity. Why does it matter if he's a wealthy jew, or a down and out brother? If he's getting railroaded by the courts, he's getting railroaded by the courts and I'd take it upon myself to hang the jury or whatever.

That being said, suck my [censored] dick you [censored] prick. You're a complete [censored] and a terrible poster. Have a nice one! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-24-2007, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the "you broke the law and crime doesn't pay!" spiel, Judge Dredd, we're all very entertained
Old 11-24-2007, 05:51 PM

My argument is that there is pretty much no chance in hell this guy got railroaded. He got caught. Sometimes it happens. You're an embarrassment to the fine date of April 18th.