Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Limit-->NL

Old 11-22-2007, 01:59 PM

Default Live 2/5 hand: J2o in the BB

Just want to check that this is standard. It's a live 2/5 game where the table is of course too loose and a bit too aggressive on the early streets (preflop and flop) but too passive on the turn and river.

An EP player limps, a LP player limps, SB completes, and I check my option with Jh 2s. EP is a young loose aggressive player. I suspected at the time he was capable of firing multiple barrels with air though he had not been caught doing so to this point (but later he did 3-barrel no pair against a calling station and got looked up by top pair), but he's certainly not reckless. So he generally seems pretty good except he's too loose and a bit too easily trapped.

Flop is Jd 8c 6c and the action goes: SB checks, I check, EP bets $20, LP folds, SB folds, I fold.

(1) Is this a pretty reasonable default action, especially given that I don't have control over the villain in the hand?

(2) If you don't check this flop intending to fold to most bets, what's your plan for the hand?
Old 11-22-2007, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Live 2/5 hand: J2o in the BB

1) this is fine. There are a good amount of players in this pot and it's unlikely he's potting it with 89 or somesuch. His range is mostly strong draws and Jx+, and as you intimated we will have no way of discerning one from the other on the big streets putting us in tough spots oop.

2) I do check this flop intending to fold to most bets. If it is ckd around to button who stabs 2/3 pot I might call, assuming I can rely on him to give up his pure bluffs with some predictability.

Surf
Old 11-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Live 2/5 hand: J2o in the BB

in a limped pot with this many draws vs unknowns I'll tend to fire out a 2/3 bet and hope to get peeled by T8, T9, 89, 78, 67, 56, or 45 (or any other middling pp that has some gutshot to go with it).

If i get peeled and am out of position I'll tend to fire a half pot bet on the turn and check the river.

this is of course exploitable by aggro players, but only if we're both deep enough for it to matter. Since you have an aggro in the pot with you, and alternate plan could be check/call flop, bet turn, check river - again stack and card dependant.