Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Default I like being OOP. AQo in the SB.

Button is awful. Just terrible. Limps with 52o and calls down with nothing, trying to spike a pair. She likes me, and I think softplays against me (only HU though.) She's reasonably aggro with anything decent, and I've seen her pump draws a little, but usually when she puts in multiple bets, she has something semi-reasonable.

I do not return the favor.

3 limpers (including button), I raise, BB calls, limpers call, players from other tables without cards call.

5 to the flop of:

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I lead out, everyone calls, button raises, I trey, one fold, button caps, all call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, 1 fold, rest call (as does the button).

River: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, two calls.

Discuss.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Default Re: I like being OOP. AQo in the SB.

i likes
Old 03-10-2007, 02:40 PM

could you discuss your flop bet? i'm pretty sure i don't like it, but i am open to being convinced otherwise.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:35 PM

Congratulations on becoming the new moderator, James.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
could you discuss your flop bet? i'm pretty sure i don't like it, but i am open to being convinced otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the potential for 10 outs (though that's really optimistic...6-7 is probably more like it) in 5-way hand where OP knows there's going to be a lot of callers.

Capping is bold (or spicy).
Old 03-10-2007, 05:29 PM

I bet the flop simply for value.

I think both my A and Q are good here often when I lead out, but after the raise, I think just my A, and after the cap, just my straight.

The turn mooted my A and Q not being good, since I think that if I runner-runner trips or two pair, I'm probably good as she could easily have something like T8 or JT (maybe even J9.)

In position, I think capping would definitely be correct for the freebie, but OOP, I'm not so sure.
Old 03-10-2007, 06:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet the flop simply for value.

[/ QUOTE ]

were you afraid the flop might check through? that board hit a ton of limping hands. you are usually behind and nobody is folding a pair or a gutshot when you bet. don't get me wrong, i don't hate it. i would occasionally place it myself, and at one point in time i autobet 100% of the time. then i reassessed what benefits i actually received from it.

given that we are OOP what about checking with the intention of calling an EP bet and maybe checkraising a LP bet if it comes from someone that might try to steal or bet a draw of some sort? soooo many hands are correct to call when you lead, we have an option to try and change that by checkraising if the situation is right.

the only scenario i think it's clearly beneficial to lead might be if we thought it would help control the betting on the flop because we have some really aggressive players(that respect our bets and raises)left behind us to act, or we have a maniac to act right after us and he will autoraise most any two(and the table isn't adjusting properly).
Old 03-10-2007, 07:47 PM

I'm 50/50 on the initial flop bet--I'd like a check/raise if you could be reasonably sure that the bet would come from the button, but on this kind of flop that's hardly likely. I don't like the 3bet--as you pointed out, you're not getting a free card out of position, you're almost certainly not ahead, your draw isn't strong enough to 3bet for value, and you're probably never getting the button to lay down any pair (nevermind the rest of the field).

The turn are river seem pretty obvious given the way you've played it. I just hope you counterfeited a flopped two pair vs. fed the pot for a flopped straight.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 PM

Check the flop... you may have 10 outs, but you may also only have 4. Most likely somewhere in between.

Rest of the hand is fine.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:44 PM

I like the bet on the flop. He's got 8 strong outs (4 to the nuts, 4 to a very strong hand) + an out or two from the overcards. Isn't his equity here at least around 30%?

What am I missing? (I assume I'm missing something)