Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 03:11 PM

Default Re: KK in the BB

flop check is fine imo

i would b/f the turn as we have decent equity against heart flush draws, and it doesnt appear an ace is out there (tho it might be - id rather bet than give a free card away, however). remember, the pot is large and if we're ahead our hand is worth trying to protect. we should probably be able to fold out gutshots (w/no heart obv) and PP's that combined would have perhaps 7-8 outs against us.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:50 PM

I agree that overcalling here with KK is definitely a losing proposition.

Would we call if the button bet and we were the first to act after it?

I think it's close, and in that case, I think I'd find a fold, however, if only one or two people were left to act, then I would probably find a call in this largish pot.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checking flop & turn then betting river is a bluff - its not standard. Your gonna get looked up be any A to catch that bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

while this is true, i don't think it applies soley to those holdings with an ace in hand. it's possible alot of pairs look us up after this action(or lack thereof).

i like the flop check. put me in the turn bet/fold camp. while a worse hand might raise the flop as a semibluff or for value i seriously doubt this happens multiway on the turn. as such, we should get a pretty honest reaction when we bet.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:31 PM

5 in the pot -- my guess is that at least 2/3 of the time, someone has an ace (maybe with a garbage kicker) and is going to call you for one bet.

If you tell me that someone slowplayed a flush and raised on the river, I wouldn't be shocked here.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flop check is fine imo

i would b/f the turn as we have decent equity against heart flush draws, and it doesnt appear an ace is out there (tho it might be - id rather bet than give a free card away, however). remember, the pot is large and if we're ahead our hand is worth trying to protect. we should probably be able to fold out gutshots (w/no heart obv) and PP's that combined would have perhaps 7-8 outs against us.

[/ QUOTE ]

You also might be able to fold out some lowly lone hearts, which I think is very important.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checking flop & turn then betting river is a bluff - its not standard. Your gonna get looked up be any A to catch that bluff.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do we think someone has any A?