Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 10:07 AM

Default K Jack off

Is this ok?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (15.33 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.66 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero calls.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: K Jack off

*grunch*
looks fine with a pot that big.. but i could be inclined to fold the turn instead of going for an overcall but that depends on reads on MP / Button...
Old 05-25-2007, 10:14 AM

Is this standard for PF?

Flop: I guess we are calling down all the way now?

Turn: yep..
Old 05-25-2007, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this standard for PF?

Flop: I guess we are calling down all the way now?

Turn: yep..

[/ QUOTE ]

uhm... noooo?!?!!???

On the flop you have a gs + bdfd. Getting 17:1, that's an easy call.
On the turn you still have your gs and your fd improved. So you call again.

If the river is the 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], you're of course folding.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd say so.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:11 AM

*grunch*

Ick! Limp 3 bet from EP (As or Ks) and u take it 5 ways...its disgusting but you have to given the action. UTG has a set here more often than not and if not then he has AQ. I will call the flop but I am done on the turn as certainly a flush has been made and certainly the K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and/or the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] has to be out.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:18 AM

UTG doesn't just have a set. He has exactly AA almost every time. Which is good, because your club outs are not worthless, and your 3 remaining T's will be good for at least a chop almost every time. I don't think you can help but lose a good amount of money on this hand, but there's so much to be won, it's worth it.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM

Yeah looks fine. The only real point of debate is the turn, as preflop the pot is too big and on the flop you have odds to call even if you knew UTG would c/r. The real question is what to do with a river club; I'm thinking bet and fold or call based on who raises.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:28 AM

I think our position is really bad for a bet, but pretty good for a check. We have great relative position, and we know exactly what UTG has. Let's see what the other clowns do.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG doesn't just have a set. He has exactly AA almost every time. Which is good, because your club outs are not worthless, and your 3 remaining T's will be good for at least a chop almost every time. I don't think you can help but lose a good amount of money on this hand, but there's so much to be won, it's worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with the possibility of As here but how can we think there isn't a K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and/or Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?? Flop is an easy call but i can't say im happy after the turn card.