Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM

Default basic, common 120-150bb scenario

Let's say you're 130bb deep, 4-handed. Everyone's image is sane, not tilting, there's not many showdowns. Beyond a rough set of numbers, you don't know their tendencies all that well.

26/21 CO raises 3.5bb, tight passive button calls, you call from bb with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (example)

pot is 11bb

Flop is 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

how do you proceed? I alternate between c/c and b/3b in general with 100bb depending on how aggro opponent is and my own table image at the time, but stacks seem really awkward in situations where you're just fractionally deeper than 100bb

I'm struggling a little bit where I lead for 8-11bb and get raised to 25-35bb by the TAG pfr with 130bb stacks. It seems bad to just put all of it in, though I'm beginning to think this might not be so bad compared to the alternatives if we decide to lead.

This will probably get no replies since I'm a n00b but suggestions for a line?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: basic, common 120-150bb scenario

Bet/3bet all in on the flop has decent fold equity, although if I were to lead for 10bb and was raised to 25-35bb, I'd probably call and then shove a spade or a seven on the turn, CR-AI a 9, 5 or 10, and check fold anything else unless I as getting the right odds.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd probably call and then shove a spade or a seven on the turn, CR-AI a 9, 5 or 10, and check fold anything else unless I as getting the right odds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, why not just standard bet/shove on the flop? You have 13 outs vs. an overpair. If you get it AI on the flop, you're 50-50 to win. If you get him to raise and then fold to a shove, you pick up ~35bb's off him. On the other hand, if you think you can call his Cbet and then get his stack AFTER your draw hits, just c/c for strong implied odds, although you might have trouble convincing villain to stack off on a 6-7-8-9 or 6-8-9-10 turn, which is why I prefer the more aggressive flop play.

I don't think there's a better default play than getting your opponent to put 30-35 bb's into a 50-50 situation and then folding and surrendering the pot to you.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:22 AM

I meant to say that if you were to go with bet calling the flop, that's what I'd do on the turn.
Obviously getting it in on the flop for this specific hand is the no-nonsense thing to do, but taking the other line against a sane, decent TAG allows you to bluff with lesser hands on turn scare cards with a fair amount of fold equity.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:53 AM

i would c/r the flop or c/c the flop. i dont like b3b, because i doubt he will raise your flop lead with air on this drawy board. i dont think he thinks he will be able to make you fold a 7.