Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 12:38 PM

Default Re: do your friends do this

Car rides, eh. I can deal with not talking. The only thing I find weird is when, say, you're hanging out with someone alone, just kicking the [censored], and they take a call.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should trump their rudeness by just dozing off in the passenger seat, particularly on long drives.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny you should bring this up.

2 hour car trip this weekend. driver takes a call for like 20 mins, has to turn the music all the way down to talk. makes 2nd call.

his girlfriend is a bit of a princess, and insists she sits up front, even though she falls asleep 30 mins into the trip.

from the tone of everyone, i guess i'm being a nit. glad i asked before i said something.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:45 PM

I have some that do it. I hate it because you cant even listen to the radio loud because they are on the phone. and you dont really want to give them [censored] for it because you will sound like a gaylord.

I try to keep phone convo's to the absolute minimum.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have some that do it. I hate it because you cant even listen to the radio loud because they are on the phone. and you dont really want to give them [censored] for it because you will sound like a gaylord.

I try to keep phone convo's to the absolute minimum.

[/ QUOTE ]

yah, both his conversations were totally things that would have been better off not answering/making or saying, can i call you back later, type things.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:48 PM

It bothers me a little too. It's not a huge deal of course, but it's kinda rude because 1) They're ignoring you, 2) You can't listen to the radio or anything, and 3) You have to listen to half of what is likely an inane conversation. I'll only take calls like this if there is some sort of reason better than, "Oh hey, how are you?"
Old 05-29-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not really.

Cell phones are pretty good these days where he can talk and you can listen to music for a few minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the problem is you usually have to turn the music down or off so he can talk on the phone. Maybe I'm a nit, but I think it's a pretty dick move.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:54 PM

Oddjob - I think this might fall under the category of "hopefully I have cool friends who are somewhat considerate of this situation, if not, I end up looking like a nit by complaining".

Thinking about it I have to agree that in some situations, it is rude, but most of my friends (thankfully) are kind of considerate and limit their phone calls in-car to semi-important ones and in general keep it brief.

-Al
Old 05-29-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Not really.

Cell phones are pretty good these days where he can talk and you can listen to music for a few minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well the problem is you usually have to turn the music down or off so he can talk on the phone. Maybe I'm a nit, but I think it's a pretty dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]

i wouldn't go so far as to say it's a dick move, but i consider it pretty inconsiderate and self-absorbed thing to do.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:11 PM

If someone in my car takes a pointless phone call (my buddy would always answer when his gf called) I wait about 5 mintues then turn the music up. And when they get mad I laugh at the top of my lungs for as long as I can. They usually get mad and tell the person on the phone that they'll call them back. Then I have to listen to "why were you doing that, my girlfriend needs hemroid cream", and I'm all like " NO PHONE NO PHONE HYACHACHACHACHACHACHACHA"
Old 05-29-2007, 01:12 PM

his girlfriend is a bit of a princess, and insists she sits up front, even though she falls asleep 30 mins into the trip.

[/ QUOTE ]

What kind of world do you live in where it is acceptable for women to sit in the front seat? Next you will be saying that they even drive.