Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-18-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: T5s Small Blind No callers

I really feel bad now about giving you bad advice, I was really just joking around. I'm not a bad person, really!

Since you are asking about specific hands to play with, I would suggest googling some nlhe starting hands. You'll find different strategies so pick whatever you feel comfortable with. That will help get you started on what hands you should play. As you progress, you can start adding other hands to mix up your play - you don't want to become predictable, such as what KipBond was saying about raising this hand.

Another tip since you mentioned you are starting in the micro limits (no limit I assume?) is that you shouldn't worry about too much bluffing at those levels, even more so in limit, as there are a lot of players that will call you down with anything just to see what you have. Just play solid ABC poker (play your hand and try to figure out what your opponents could have).
Old 05-18-2007, 02:02 PM

folding - most of the time.

calling - once and awhile if BB is passive and bit less if he is aggressive. If you do show down this hand, then you have set up a future slowplay where you can call with a big hand. As well, if you do call and fold to a raise, you can set up the same slowplay later by calling and then coming over the top of his raise.

Raising - once and awhile to mix it up. If you only raise good hands in this situation, you will become readable. Actually, I might raise the first time in this situation to see how BB reacts.

The key here is remember what you did in the past and how BB reacted and with what cards. You should also be able to play out of position on the flop which usually means reading the flop and BB and making aggressive stabs when warranted.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really feel bad now about giving you bad advice, I was really just joking around. I'm not a bad person, really!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, sorry if I came off harsh.

This comes up every now and then in this forum, and I try to nip it. Most of the other forums are fair game for rough and tumble, but here it's often the case that super beginners don't understand the joke and may actually take the advice.

Thanks for coming back and giving good advice though, that's cool.