Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 07:40 AM

Default how safe is neteller

Does any1 know how safe neteller is? With all the recent turbulence it's been through ..i wonder if its safe to keep money in my neteller account. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 08:56 AM

Default Re: how safe is neteller

neteller is fine

never had a problem
Old 10-06-2007, 10:34 AM

Might be country to country specific. Being in Europe I feel good about it.
Old 10-06-2007, 10:55 AM

got my USD money back. i wish they were still an alternative for me here in the US. haven't opened a different account with anybody yet. i still haven't gotten over 'teller and don't want to get involved in some rebound relationship... if you see 'teller, tell her EN says hello and wish she'd come back.

EN
Old 10-06-2007, 04:39 PM

I find easier is to open another bank account to use for poker and have sites directly send money there. PartyPoker does this for example and you save yourself handling fees and delays.

Neteller also takes a big cut if you are converting money. I'm Canadian and recall losing a bunch of cash when they convert the money from USD to CAN dollar.
Always got far less money then what The global exchange rate is at, but I assume thats because they have some fees.

The one good thing about neteller is you can move money around easy if you play at multiple sites. If you only play 1 site you don't need them. Regarding the security of your money, they are legit. Never had any trouble getting my funds off their site and into my bank.

Think about, they are a middle man, so they need their cut each time money moves around. Just dealing straight with the poker site will save money imo.